Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Fuji will not take pics outdoors-very odd

Yesterday, my trusty Fuji A330 camera stopped taking pics outdoors. Inside photos are great as usual. Very strange, at least it was strange to me.

I changed the memory card and changed batteries. Tried the camera outdoors and it took unrecognizable pictures, but indoor photos were fine. My diagnosis is that the AE is not adjusting to the conditions. Outdoor pictures are almost completely "white" showing very little detail, showing mostly white. Any suggestions as to what is causing this camera to become an "indoor camera only"? Any suggestion on how to fix this problem? I'm open for any suggestions.
    Thank you,
    Glad this forum exists,
    Jerry D.

Bizarre...

I think your guess about the auto exposure not functioning correctly sounds pretty spot on.

With your indoor shots, does the aperture and shutter speed seem consistent with what you'd expect indoors? Or are they way out? I'm thinking that when you're indoors and obviously with the much lower ambient lighting levels you're not noticing the AE malfunction. In other words, the aperture can be far to large, or the shutter far too slow without affecting the image drastically. Dunno really.

Cheers

Sounds simple - But are you sure you haven't flicked the camera to manual mode of the like accidentally? Worth a try - That'd certainly give similar results to what you're saying if the aperture was set open and the shutter speed was set slow.
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

Previously "Indoor only" camera is now Indoor and Outdoor camera.

Thanks to you who responded to my question about my camera not taking pictures out of doors.
    A while back a friend of mine had a Sony that stopped working. Research revealed that this model Sony was prone to this problem - the monitor would not display. The solution given on a forum ws to "Shake well before Using". Well I shook the camera and it worked. The monitor displayed.

Recalling this incident, I took my own problem "indoor only camera" in hand and gave it a good whack, top bottom fron back and sides. Voila! I pointed the camera out my sunny window and everything worked just fine again. Don't know how long it will work 'till it really does bite the dust so I am going to look at the Fujii S700.
    Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
    Hope it is as sunny where you are as it is here today, in Beautiful Ohio,
    Jerry D.

Threatening GBH always works!

Glad you got it sorted, even if it was the old beat it around the head trick! I often give our room air-conditioner a gentle slap to show it who's boss..... (well, it's really to stop a vibration noise in the casing LOL).

People reckon cameras and stuff are inanimate objects, but it's amazing how they respond to threats of physical violence isn't it.

Sounds like your Fuji may have an intermittent continuity fault in a PCB track or such?

Cheers

Post RE: malfunctioning Fuji

Read the post on the Malfunctioning camera, and Beowulf's comments about the bad trace in a circuit board. That does not seem likely for if a trace is open it is open always, not intermittently. They are rigid etched tracks. It is more likely that it is a poor connection in a plug-in assembly like a connection between two circuit boards or a poor solder joint, both of which could create similar problems. That the shaking made it work again would seem to indicate that it is a connection rather than a solder joint. That also indicates that it is quite sensitive to movement and could malfunction again with the slightest bump. Treat it gentle.
    Last edited by Falconest174; 04-27-2008 at 07:23 PM. Reason: correct spelling error
    Falconest174
    Seeing the picture starts the process
    D7100, Sigma 150 f/2.8 Macro, Tamron 70-300 Macro, Sigma 17-70 F2.8 Macro,
    Tamron 70-300 Di VC USD 60Th Anniv. ,SB700, Vivitar 383, Manfrotto t-pod, monopod
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/rmProvost

Quote Originally Posted by 0523jk View Post
    (息阴)轩中水由亭沼中射空而上,音乐喷泉其高将三丈,玉痕一缕,自下上喷,随风飞洒,音乐喷泉散作空花,前观之,甚奇"。他感到很疑惑:音乐喷泉认为既然是在池中置管向上喷则水管中的水不一定是池水,而且水能喷得如此之高,又不外泄,并保持一定的高度 ,必定另有水源供水,彼下此上,音乐喷泉与之等高,才保持平衡。经过他的调查研究,音乐喷泉他终于发现在这喷泉工程附近的三丈高一个山崖上有水源,从山崖以锡管承接,并由地下埋伏数十丈至池沼中后, 始向池心竖起之故。这大概是我国利用自然水设置人工喷泉的原始做法了
    It's pathetic enough that a company has to spam to get it's word out. It's more pathetic that they can't even do it in the native language of a forum. It's far more pathetic that this kind of thing obviously works on some people, or they wouldn't bother. Anyway, rant over now. Just had to say that, this bot has been irritating me all day.
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery