Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana_84 View Post
    I know But I don't feel that I would be comfortable with a DSLR now... And deffinatly I won't buy different lenses for a DSLR... That is why I decided to get something between the compact camera and a DSLR.
    There is no such in-between camera right now. Like David said, to have the quality you have to look at the DSLR but they are not always convenient to carry around. Personally, I like to shoot with a DSLR but with a few young kids around it's not always possible to have the D80 with me; that's when the Fuji F30 comes in handy.
    The wisdom of the story is... get 2 (or 3) cameras.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Quote Originally Posted by Diana_84 View Post
    Thank you, Sarah. I really appriciate that you answer me. It is good for me to have opinions from people that really knows about cameras and photography at all.

Probably I will go with the Canon S - 5. But does this mean that we have to stop writing here?! As I said I don't understand much and I want to learn. That's why I keep asking questions. If this annoys you just tell me... I think it's better to ask my questions here than to start a new thread for every different question I have...
    You can always start a new thread with any new problem you have, in Canon forum if you go ahead with S5. From my observation is Sarah is not always here; presumably away on business sometimes. Apart from that, she is always helpful to people.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Quote Originally Posted by tim11 View Post
    You can always start a new thread with any new problem you have, in Canon forum if you go ahead with S5. From my observation is Sarah is not always here; presumably away on business sometimes. Apart from that, she is always helpful to people.
    Thanks I am really thankful to Sarah.

Sometimes I cannot understand clearly what exactly you, people, are trying to tell me... it's because of my English (it's not perfect as you can see ) But I am trying I am really interested in photography and I want to learn more about how the camera works, what's more important to have in the camera and so on... This forum is really nice I think that I can learn a lot from here, of course with your help

Thanks one more time to all of you who wrote in this tread
    Don't cry when the sun goes down, the tears won't let you to enjoy the beauty of the stars...

Diana-

Tim is correct. I am a digital camera instructor. I teach on cruise ships and am not home much. Normally I am gone 7 to 9 months in any given year.

When I am home I do enjoy taking part in the forums. Best wishes to you, and I hope you find the perfect camera that meets all of your needs.

Sarah Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by speaklightly View Post
    Diana-

Tim is correct. I am a digital camera instructor. I teach on cruise ships and am not home much. Normally I am gone 7 to 9 months in any given year.

When I am home I do enjoy taking part in the forums. Best wishes to you, and I hope you find the perfect camera that meets all of your needs.

Sarah Joyce
    Sarah, I really appriciated your opinions. I will look around a little bit more and I hope to have the chance to touch and see how each of the cameras I choose works and then buy something. As I said I want to learn more and opinions from professionals like you are really helpful. Thank you very much one more time. If I have a chance one day I would be happy to meet you

Also thanks a lot to all the other that gave me answers to my questions.
    Don't cry when the sun goes down, the tears won't let you to enjoy the beauty of the stars...