Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Arizona Trip

My Arizona Trip

Well I don't usually start threads for my pictures, but I have a decent amount this time. My girlfriend and I went to Sedona, AZ for about a week over spring break. We also took one day out to drive up to the Grand Canyon. I'll start with the shots from Red Rock Crossing. C&C are appreciated.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Some others from Crescent Moon Ranch.
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

We did a lot of day hikes on our trip and saw a lot of red rock.
    Lukas

Flickr

Here are a few from our day trip to the Grand Canyon.
    Lukas

Flickr

More red rock...
    Lukas

Flickr

Finally, a few cactus shots.
    Lukas

Flickr

Man, Lukas, that's some great stuff! Your compositions are really good.

Now I want to go to Sedona....
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

Awesome as usual, Lukas
    My favorites are #s 1 and 3. I love the way you used the shutter speed in the first one. But the third one, the way it is just glassy and reflects the sunset, that's just magic! And I agree with Adam, your compositions are amazing. I'm not in love with any of the B&Ws, I'd rather see them in color, with the notable exception of the layers on layers of the Grand Canyon. I really think that works in B&W, it reminds me of the old classic "masters" of photography

I love the colors in #5, excellent processing to bring all that out. The trees in #6 look a little overexposed to me. #19, instant classic. I just wish the tree was more to the left of the frame -- but perhaps you were cropping something out on the right? Great job, Lukas. These are really beautiful.

Did you ever get your GND filter?
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Adam, thank you very much. You should go. It's great if you like hiking. I'd avoid it during spring break though.

Tori, thank you too. About the B&W edits, I think the Grand Canyon ones come out much better in B&W because I can be a little more generous with the contrast. As for the others, I think after editing so many pictures I just got tired of seeing so much orange and blue. I see what you mean in #6. I didn't notice that before when trying to get some more detail in the foreground. I'll tweak that one later. I'm not sure why I cropped #19 the way I did, but I don't think I was really cropping anything specifically out. I wish I took that one at a little wider angle so I could do a longer crop.

I did get the GND filters, but I still need lots of practice using them. I used them on #2 and like ND filters on #1 and #3.
    Lukas

Flickr

Sorry if you've already posted this somewhere, but what program do you use for PP? Do you like your GND filters? The shots look great where you used them.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr