Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Zeiss lenses need to drop in price

After further review ... the Carl Zeiss line of lenses for the SONY DSLRs truly need to drop in price in order to make the line competative. Surely getting them under the $1K line would be a move in the right direction for marketshare and general availability.

Personally, there is no way I can justify $1K+ lenses for hobby use. It's just asking too much out of this economy.

"All forum and forum for all!" In other words, "Get 'em!"
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

As Long As People Are Willing To Spend That Much They Will Stay High...

Well ... this people says, "Ain't gonna happen." I'm not playing the "Canon-game", again.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Gold-plated maybe?

I agree re Zeiss pricing.

This baby's about $1300 in the US of A.

Check out its price in Australia!!!

Sony SAL 135mm F1.8 Carl Zeiss Lens

Cheers

Good Lord, your money isn't worth much down there, is it? These are, indeed, "dark times" for photographers.

flickr & Sdi

Wait about 2 mths approx & the dollar will be on a roll. Thats when you parallel import.
    Kev.

D200~
    24-70mm f2.8 , 50mm f1.8, 70-200 f2.8 VR.more

dollar on a roll down a big hill.......

Considering the government has to turn back $600 per tax-payer ... I'm a bit dubious of the "great shape" we will be in by the end of the summer. Although, everyone should have a new camera or lens by then.

flickr & Sdi