Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's back

Quote Originally Posted by SONYNUT View Post
    10 miles up hill both ways i suppose ;-p
    HAHA!! Yea right... Just like 3 blocks, but its harder in a foot of snow.

The great thing about where I live is that here in the valley my grass almost needs mowed already - green a week ago. But within a half an hour drive up the mountain - I can be skiing in some great new snow. Love it.........
    Jared

I've never been in falling snow. Shrugs.
    Pentax K20D/K5/15/21/40/70/10-17/12-24, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5/150-500, Tamron 90 Macro/70-200 2.8, Canon SX20 IS/Elph 500HS
    (formerly Pentax 50 1.4/50-200/55-300/K100D, Sigma 18-50 2.8/70-300 APO, Tamron 28-75, Viv 800, Tele-Tokina 800, Canon S3 IS, Samsung L210)
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/KylePix/

Anyone have some snow flake shots at night illuminated with their flash? Those can be very cool. We never had a night snow here this year to get nice shots of this.
    Spook
    Canon EOS 50D,7D and some lens and equipment.
    Fuji F200 Exr

Red face Flakey Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Spookonthe8ball View Post
    Anyone have some snow flake shots at night illuminated with their flash? Those can be very cool. We never had a night snow here this year to get nice shots of this.
    Spook
    I popped only one flash shot, "Spook", to see what it might give ... but, as you alluded to, it was far too bright out, at that time of day, to have much effect. It had mostly quit by the time the sun went down. Like they say, "Timing is everything."

Here:

Name:  Flakes-a.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  220.7 KB

Although you can tell it is really coming down by how fuzzy and unclear the background trees are presenting.

Milwaukee wound up with 10 inches ... we got around 6-9 in the area.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 03-22-2008 at 08:15 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Don, even with daylight the flash singled out those flakes that were just about to land on your roof. Good contrast effect.
    Spook
    Canon EOS 50D,7D and some lens and equipment.
    Fuji F200 Exr

Oh ... but they looked a heck of a lot more intense in person. Oh well ...
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

night time and lens on macro is what you need to get them up close falling

I knew their was a reason why I moved from Indiana to Arizona. Here's a pic of
    me and dog, you can almost tell by her tongue it getting warm.(89 deg today)
    Now where did I put that sun tan lotion? LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awww cute dog!! Well now that the snow has stopped, we have to wait two weeks for it to completely dry up and continue to jump over those nasty puddles that are everywhere.