Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

FZ15-newbie-image blurry at 12x zoom-

Hello folks

After all that head banging ,i finally landed up with FZ15.
    last week only i got it

In low lights(its a cloudy day) at 12x optical ,the image is getting blurry...i dont know ..why..?
    i have the OIS got tested both in mode1 and mode2(2 modes -still blurrry)

is this a camera problem or should i have to tweak..some thing..?

Also last week only i got the camera.
    i dont know whether it works fine or not?
    to my testing ,it look awesome...
    are there any more things i need to ensure....?((just incase if i need to return and get a new one if there is any other problem))

any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated

Thank you
    Bearhug

What shutter speeds are you using? I'll bet they are too low.....

PhilR.

ISO 100. i guess

It might be a focus problem. I know I've had problems getting a focus lock in very low light at max zoom on my new FZ0. Does the FZ15 have a manual focus? If so, try that. If not, try changing the focus area and see it that helps.

You didn't answer Phil's question...

Quote Originally Posted by PhilR.
    What shutter speeds are you using? I'll bet they are too low.....

PhilR.
    ISO is NOT shutter speed. Chances are, you're shooting photos at 1/25 of a second or slower? Only guessing. As good as the O.I.S. system is, it does have its lower limits. As a general rule, in this kind of shooting, set the ISO to "Auto," and underexpose by -1/3 to -2/3 EV. It also helps, I've found, to be shooting through the EVF (viewfinder) rather than holding the camera in front of you in the "classic" digital camera way. Shooting through the EVF forces you to hold the camera against your face, making it more stable.
    Let a be your umbrella!

Quote Originally Posted by tintop
    It might be a focus problem. I know I've had problems getting a focus lock in very low light at max zoom on my new FZ0. Does the FZ15 have a manual focus? If so, try that. If not, try changing the focus area and see it that helps.

Yeah ! FZ15 do have Manual focus.
    looking forward to use that.
    anyway Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by John_Reed
    ISO is NOT shutter speed. Chances are, you're shooting photos at 1/25 of a second or slower? Only guessing. As good as the O.I.S. system is, it does have its lower limits. As a general rule, in this kind of shooting, set the ISO to "Auto," and underexpose by -1/3 to -2/3 EV. It also helps, I've found, to be shooting through the EVF (viewfinder) rather than holding the camera in front of you in the "classic" digital camera way. Shooting through the EVF forces you to hold the camera against your face, making it more stable.

Honestly speaking ! that was 100% right ,I am shooting at 1/25.(I am learning..)
    Thanks for your suggestions man
    They work great
    lookung forward to post my first pictures with FZ15

Blurry Pics: Camera's Jitter alert

My FZ20 has a jitter alert. If it shows when you press the shutter half way you will get a blurry pic. Use anything around you to steady your camera.

I shoot at wild life out the back window. I put the camera against the glass and then get nice focus. Stops shake at 12x. No jitter alert. Page 34 for the FZ20. Hold your breath! Push shutter very slowly to reduce jitter

StanStan

Re: The "Jitter Alert"

Quote Originally Posted by StanStan
    My FZ20 has a jitter alert. If it shows when you press the shutter half way you will get a blurry pic. Use anything around you to steady your camera.

I shoot at wild life out the back window. I put the camera against the glass and then get nice focus. Stops shake at 12x. No jitter alert. Page 34 for the FZ20. Hold your breath! Push shutter very slowly to reduce jitter

StanStan
    The "Jitter Alert" has become something I totally ignore when I've used my FZ1 and FZ10. The FZ3, FZ15, and FZ20 are supposed to be even better at stabilizing the camera. I ran a test awhile back to see at what shutter speed (for my FZ10) the "jitter alert" came on, and compared it to my own experience for approximate minimum shutter speeds at which I could reliably capture a sharp photo. You have to understand that I personally am a "shaky-handed" guy (I'm even taking therapy to work on my hand tremor), so others might do better than this, but here's my experience vs. "The Jitter Alert:"

I'm not saying that every shot comes out tack-sharp at these speeds, but enough of them do to make it a fair representation, and I've got some slower ones as well. I really think that the "jitter alert" is put there by Panasonic to warn the user that "You'd better be using O.I.S. to take this picture!"
    Let a be your umbrella!