Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question CF Cards for Canon G5

Hello,

I'm seriously considering buying a Canon G5. I was looking at compact flash cards because I know that the included one isn't going to cut it

Are there different speeds and qualities of cards? Are there certain card companies that produce CF cards that aren't compatible with the G5?

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    -Tristan

I have always leaned towards SanDisk and Lexar brands. Unless the prices are pretty much the same, I wouldn't go for the high speed cards because you probably wouldn't notice much improvement in speed with that camera.

Ok, thanks Ray.

-Tristan

Cool Speed of CF card

I'm exhaustively shopping and happened across an answer to your question from a few sources.

It won't affect "shutter lag" on a single photo, but greases the wheels for a lot of other stuff (video, time-to-next-shot, bracketing, etc).

Bottom line, for Compaq Flash, the high speed is not only up to 10 times faster (the non-high-speed is a bit slow, 1.2MB/Second max) but its only about 20% more $$. Compared to the total investment, probably worth it.

Some other formats of memory have a wider difference in price, but the base memory speed might already be fast enough.
    Last edited by eastbluffs; 08-12-2004 at 12:04 AM. Reason: make clearer