Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

canon 400d starter package

Anyone have any recommendations for a starter package for the canon 400d? Should I buy just the body and a seperate lens? I have heard the one that comes with it is not the greatest. I'm just starting in digital photo and have the camera body priced at $319 with a tripod case and cleaning system.

You have it priced at $319 where? Sounds like you're begging to be ripped off at that price.

Yes, I agree. The camera body alone costs at least $500.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Here is where I found it. They have good ratings so I don't think I'm getting ripped off. I have found the body and lens package from canon many places for under $500. Question is, what should I do, buy the package with the canon lens or is there another fairly cheap lens I could get that it better to start with?

From Reseller Ratings. 2.8 out of ten.

Not a good rating at all, in spite of the top few comments which look like they are shills.
    My best pics on Flickr

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/garysimmons
    Like me on Facebook: facebook.com/GarySimmonsPhotography

Gear: Canon 60D, Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX DC Macro, Sigma 50-150 f2.8 EX DC II, Canon 50 f1.8, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 EX DC, Sigma 120-400 DG OS. 1 430EX, 1 430EXII, 1 580EXII, ST-E2, Manfrotto 190XPROB (soon to be replaced by the carbon version)
    Plus filters, wireless triggers and other junk...

Quote Originally Posted by komputerguy View Post
    Here is where I found it. They have good ratings so I don't think I'm getting ripped off.
    They have terrible ratings, and you are getting ripped off.

I agree with everyone else. It's a rip off, bait and switch website.

OK, so lets focus on the lens then please. Any help on what I should use to start out?

We need to know things like budget and what you'll mostly be shooting to get an idea of what would be appropriate to suggest.

I bet you didn't find that camera at any respectable dealer for under $500. People want to believe so bad that these ridiculous deals are legitimate. Easy pickings for the ripoff artists. Just buy from B&H Photo, Buy Dig or Beach Camera and you won't have to worry about it.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr