Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Sony service?

Sony service?

Don,

Earlier I asked:

Do you know who actually performs repair work for Sony for their DSLRs? Both under the original warranty and under the Sony optional extended warranties (is it a different service organization)? This is just for future reference, I am not having any problems with the A700 but I have another week to decide upon the extended warranty purchase from Sony. What is your opinion on the issue of the Sony extended warranty vs the Best Buy extended warranty service? Either one better than the other?

Any comments?

Red face Perhaps, you missed it ... or something went wrong

I believe I responded to this ... saying that service was provided by the Laredo Service Depot. Anyway, that is where I wound up sending the SONY 70-200mm f/2.8 G SSM, when it wound up defective, out of the box.

Sony Service Contact Information
    Phone number: (866) 357-6230 7:00AM - 4:30PM CST

E-Mail: mailto: SONYSVCLRD@AM.SONY.COM
    Service website: http://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

I am certain things are improving, all the time, since my experience (at least, I hope they are), so this may not apply. My α700 is operating fine (jinx) and I have not had any reason to ask for support for it.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 03-02-2008 at 06:45 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi