Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question Comparing Canon Digital Rebel to 10D

I am looking at buying a Digital SLR and will probably stay with Canon because I have lenses from my film Canon Rebel that I want to use, but I don't know if I should go with the Canon Digital Rebel or step up to the 10D.

What are the main differences between the two and do you consider any of them significant?

Also, has anyone ever bought this type of camera on EBAY and if so, what was your experience.

Thanks.

Sir Jeff Keller has a decent chart of the differences.
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...ew/index.shtml

IMHO if you have enough money go w/ the 10D. But can you find them in stores these days? I only see the 20D.

As of what i heard from friends. You have to be careful shoping on ebay since i heard qite a few geting "burned"
    Last edited by LoveOfSelene; 01-06-2005 at 12:19 PM.
    A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into. - Ansel Adams

Canon 20D & Film Ti II Body (Virtical Grip for both bodies) + Sigma 24-70mm F/2.8 (for sale) + Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L + Canon 70-200 F/4L + Canon 50mm F/1.4 + Canon 85mm F/1.8 + 420ex Speedlite

Not updated on a regular basis... www.binhsphotography.com

ODU 2010!

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by rascal356
    I am looking at buying a Digital SLR and will probably stay with Canon because I have lenses from my film Canon Rebel that I want to use, but I don't know if I should go with the Canon Digital Rebel or step up to the 10D.

What are the main differences between the two and do you consider any of them significant?

Also, has anyone ever bought this type of camera on EBAY and if so, what was your experience.

Thanks.
    Why buy secondhand from some unknown on ebay when you can either save for a little longer and buy new or can get secondhand locally? Sure, you'll pay more locally but you're contributing to your local economy and keeping local people in work and off welfare. Plus you have somebody locally who you can take the camera back to if it's not right.

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I read Jeff's review and since I'm not a professional that has me leaning toward the Rebel.

Also, thanks for the input on EBAY. I was leery and it sounds like that was justified.

The really strange thing is that my local stores are not even discounting the 10D. They have the 300D for like $899 and that's before the $100 rebate. One store had two 10D's and I think they were $1299. They also had a used 10D for $999 with the accessory handle.

For nominal usage, I just don't see the reason to buy the 10D. Obviously if you need the features, then so be it.

cheers,
    Phil

I just bought a 20D from www.digital1234.com for $1300.00 (w/o a lens) after shipping. Great site, shipped it to me in 2 days. NO annoying sales calls. I think they might have the 10D on the site as well
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ktixx
    I just bought a 20D from www.digital1234.com for $1300.00 (w/o a lens) after shipping. Great site, shipped it to me in 2 days. NO annoying sales calls. I think they might have the 10D on the site as well
    Ken
    wow. 1800$ !?

USA or gray market?
    A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into. - Ansel Adams

Canon 20D & Film Ti II Body (Virtical Grip for both bodies) + Sigma 24-70mm F/2.8 (for sale) + Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L + Canon 70-200 F/4L + Canon 50mm F/1.4 + Canon 85mm F/1.8 + 420ex Speedlite

Not updated on a regular basis... www.binhsphotography.com

ODU 2010!