Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    had the same problem with my S3 IS
    ended up using a card reader
    no idea why it does it..
    Canon Powershot S3 IS
    Canon EOS 40D + Battery Grip BG-E2N | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM | EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | EF 85mm f/1.8 USM | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM II | 580EX II |
    Flickr - blentley
    CSC

Thumbs down has this been resolved?

I am having a similar problem. I have not been able to transfer files larger than 690mb from my sdhc card on my camera to the computer. I am using the usb cable and tried both using the camera as a hdd and also using the windows camera wizard.

I have heard that microsoft has released an optional patch to be able to read sdhc devices, but I have not been able to find it.

Has anyone figured this out, without using the card reader device?
    Thanks in advance...

I have same problem on my Cybershot SD1300IS, however installing the software fixed the problem. Using the program that came on the disk allowed for transfer with USB cable. Not sure what to say if you have lost your disk, although it might be around somewhere to download online.

Just learned that I have the same issue with my PowerShot 1200 IS. The only way I was able to move my larger videos was with a card reader. Glad I saw this! I moved a 25 min video in 2 mins using a $5. reader. I don't know if it's the camera or the cord, but you would think they would do something about it? It took me quite a while to figure out that I wasn't doing anything wrong!