Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question I think it goes here.

Well, firstly. Hi, Im new to this. This is my first thread.

Now to my point. Okay I have two questions. My first one is that okay, I have a Nikon CoolPix L10, last night my cusins has it & was playing with it was fine till they waste water on it not like a lot I tried looking around for whats wrong with it but they telling me if it was dropped in water, it wasn't dropped in water, a little of water got to it & i think it was on because the lens was out but It can't stay on because I need new batteries & it was the floor. So I tired to turn the thing off but it already was off the lens is still open. I took my memory card & batteries out. I accidently tried to push the lens it, I now think I broked it. It went in a little bit.
    Is there any way I can fix it? Help me please. I have enough problems & if I come to my mom with this she'd be like "Thats good for you!!" so help please. Do you think I should get new batteries to see?
    Also, my camera takes a certain kind of batteries...I put a brand new pair in it & it didn't work but I put the old pair in it it worked for a moment. Then I put another kind it work. I was like wtf? For this kind of camera users, or others, could you tell what batteries work in this thing & which don't? Thanks.

I think the batteries went flat and left the lens out. Nothing else. I hope nothing was damaged when you tried to push the lens in.

Your camera works with AA batteries. Not standard AA but at least heavy duty alkaline like Energizer or Duracell. However, NiMH (Nickel-metal hydride) rechargable are recommended since they are more powerful and more friendly to the environment.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

What should I do now then? Get new batteries?

yes, start with new batteries first and then see what happens. water is a tricky thing. you could splash water on a camera, (or any bit of electronics), a thousand times and it have no effect but then one time you get the water splash and enter the cam in just the wrong place and you have problems. like tim said, i'd be a bit more concerned about having tried to force the lens back in.

hopefully new batteries will do the trick. if not...its off to nikon service.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by HeartBrokedLily View Post
    ..... Then I put another kind it work......[/FONT]
    But you said it works now, didn't you?
    NiMH rechargable and recharger aren't cheap, though cheaper in the long run. I only recommend them for the long term when your camera is up and working again. Right now, just try some heavy duty batteries to see if the camera is alright. Also, I'd try to leave it to dry in a warm spot, just in case.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB