Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

FX30 Memory Capacity

I have a panasonic Fx30 and Im interested in buying a new memory card for it. At the moment I use a standard SD 2gb but Im interested in buying one of the newer, higher capacity SDHC cards.
    Iv tried looking myself for the maximum card size that the FX30 is compatible with but I cant seem to find out.
    I know that the minimum for an SDHC card is 4gb but I am more interested in the 8gb+ cards if I was to actually buy a bigger card, but I dont want to buy one if it wont be recognised by the camera.
    Can anyone please help me on this topic if they know what the maximum memory compatible is.
    Please reply soon as possible.

Thanks

Calum

If the camera takes SDHC, it will take any SDHC card. The controller is on on the card so the camera doesn't care how big it is.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    If the camera takes SDHC, it will take any SDHC card. The controller is on on the card so the camera doesn't care how big it is.
    Thanks alot for the help, much appreciated

ellenfl Guest

the fz30 is not

formatted to take an sdhc card. you can only use a standard sd card up to 2gb. i keep looking for a firmware update for this camera to fix this issue (and others) but no luck yet.

ellen fl

Quote Originally Posted by ellenfl View Post
    formatted to take an sdhc card. you can only use a standard sd card up to 2gb. i keep looking for a firmware update for this camera to fix this issue (and others) but no luck yet.

ellen fl
    Please don't hold your breath, Panasonic does not issue firmware updates. They prefer you buy a new camera.
    Minolta X370, 35mm, 50mm; Vivitar 28-80 zoom; Auto Spira-Tel 200mm, 300mm; JC Penney 80-200 zoom;12mm, 20mm, 36mm extension tubes, 2X & 3X teleconverters
    Sony Mavica FD-83
    FZ-20; 62mm Pemaraal Adapter; TCON-17; Hoya SHMC UV; Kenko Circular Polarizar; Tiffen ND 6, Sky 1-A
    Vivitar 2800-D flash; Spiratone Tripod