Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Updated DMC-TZ3 due?

Hi,

I'm looking to buy the DMC-TZ3 but see it was announced a year ago, and therefore wonder if an updated version might be released soon

Also is there any chance that an updated DMC-FZ50 might be issued. The FZ50 is relatively old now so perhaps not

Anyway if anyone has any info on this please could they advise

Many thanks

Rob

I'm expecting FZ50 and TZ3 updates in Jan or Feb, along with many more cameras. But we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by efc View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy the DMC-TZ3 but see it was announced a year ago, and therefore wonder if an updated version might be released soon

Also is there any chance that an updated DMC-FZ50 might be issued. The FZ50 is relatively old now so perhaps not

Many thanks

Rob
    Olympus announced their products for 1H08 today. I think Panasonic will follow suit in the next few days until the opening of PMA (31 Jan 08).

Quote Originally Posted by bascom View Post
    I'm expecting FZ50 and TZ3 updates in Jan or Feb, along with many more cameras. But we don't know.
    Thanks for this. I'll hold fire for a bit and get the updated version, or the current one cheaper

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    Olympus announced their products for 1H08 today. I think Panasonic will follow suit in the next few days until the opening of PMA (31 Jan 08).
    Many thanks

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by efc View Post
    Hi,

Many thanks

Rob
    I've just seen that as anticipated by the replies above, Panasonic have issued a press release announcing the successors to the TZ3, ie. TZ4 and 5.

Not had a chance to absorb the specs yet, but it's good to have the options

Rob

http://tinyurl.com/2hyodz

Here are some highlights:

Panasonic Lumix TZ4

* 8.1 megapixels
    * 28mm wide-angle lens
    * 10x optical zoom
    * Venus Engine IV
    * Face Detection
    * High Definition-ready photos
    * 2.5-inch LCD (230,000-dot high resolution)
    * $300, available in March in black or silver

Panasonic Lumix TZ5

* 9.1 megapixels
    * 28mm wide-angle lens
    * 10x optical zoom
    * Venus Engine IV
    * Face Detection
    * Records in 720p
    * High Definition-ready photos
    * 3.0-inch LCD (460,000-dot high resolution)
    * $350, available in March in blue, black or silver

I might replace my TZ3 for the TZ5 depending on the Venus IV engine performance.
    Last edited by dampfnudel; 01-29-2008 at 01:21 PM.

I've looked through the specs of the TZ5 and found a couple of interesting things, at least interesting to me. My primary use is video and I prefer an optical viewfinder. The TZ5 has no OVF but has a very, very bright LCD which could be okay. Main thing to me is that the 10X lens now zooms during video. There's also HD video if that'[s important. Sounds like a fine travel camera at $350 retail, promised in late March.

Quote Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
    I've looked through the specs of the TZ5 and found a couple of interesting things, at least interesting to me. My primary use is video and I prefer an optical viewfinder. The TZ5 has no OVF but has a very, very bright LCD which could be okay. Main thing to me is that the 10X lens now zooms during video. There's also HD video if that'[s important. Sounds like a fine travel camera at $350 retail, promised in late March.
    I want a TZ4 because it zooms in video, and some of the upgrades over the TZ3 look nice (hopefully image quality is better). If only it had a 3" lcd, even at only 230k pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayayess1190 View Post
    I want a TZ4 because it zooms in video, and some of the upgrades over the TZ3 look nice (hopefully image quality is better). If only it had a 3" lcd, even at only 230k pixels.
    It's only 50 bucks more to get a TZ5.