Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Connecting Tape to Computer

Hey guys, I have the Panasonic PV-GS320 and I am trying to figure out how to connect my Camera so that I can Edit my tape on my computer?

If you do not have any cables to transfer why not use a SDcard and a card reader? According to the web site there are multiple ways to transfer the video. All but the USB cable and SD card require your computer to have the proper interface.

SD/SDHC card slot
    S-Video Out Yes
    Mini DV In/Out (IEEE 1394) Out
    Video Output AV out (multi)
    USB 2.0 High Speed (mini B)
    Minolta X370, 35mm, 50mm; Vivitar 28-80 zoom; Auto Spira-Tel 200mm, 300mm; JC Penney 80-200 zoom;12mm, 20mm, 36mm extension tubes, 2X & 3X teleconverters
    Sony Mavica FD-83
    FZ-20; 62mm Pemaraal Adapter; TCON-17; Hoya SHMC UV; Kenko Circular Polarizar; Tiffen ND 6, Sky 1-A
    Vivitar 2800-D flash; Spiratone Tripod

The mini-SD only transfers pictures though?

Correct the SD card is for still pics only. The DV cable or USB can transfer a digital signal, the S-video and composite transfer an analog signal.
    Minolta X370, 35mm, 50mm; Vivitar 28-80 zoom; Auto Spira-Tel 200mm, 300mm; JC Penney 80-200 zoom;12mm, 20mm, 36mm extension tubes, 2X & 3X teleconverters
    Sony Mavica FD-83
    FZ-20; 62mm Pemaraal Adapter; TCON-17; Hoya SHMC UV; Kenko Circular Polarizar; Tiffen ND 6, Sky 1-A
    Vivitar 2800-D flash; Spiratone Tripod

It came with a FireWire to USB Cable, but I'm not able to transfer the video through that because because said that the camera needs to be on while it's plugged with the FireWire, but the FireWire is in front of the battery, so I have to remove the battery...

Keep in mind this is a still camera site, not a video camera site. You may have better luck getting a quick answer elsewhere.

I do not have a camcorder but this is in the reviews on the B&H site of the
    Panasonic PV-GS320

Problems Encountered: #1 problem-no mic input. Why do you have a cold shoe mount if you cant plug anything up???? #2 problem Inputs. The DV and USB inputs are located behind the battery!!! You have to take the battery off and plug the unit into the wall in order to import your footage to the computer. SO instead of just taking the camera with you, you now have to carry every single cable they have. #3 AV output. Its that fancy jack that if you lose the cable you will have to replace. NOT the standard AV out cable like the wonderful predecessor.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...#goto_itemInfo

Gene
    http://grc225.zenfolio.com/
    http://imageevent.com/grc6
    one of these days I'll understand!

Panasonic FZ20 & FZ30,FZ18
    D50 -- D80