Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    so its confirmed that it has SSS on FF sensor. so much for this being impossible. lol

i dont think in body IS is a "groin kick". it hasn;t been for consumers so why would it be for pro's ? the price ? thats gonna be more intertesting. but again, not sure pros are gonna really be attracted to that sort of saving on a body. the groin kick will come by lens range and lens price.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Thumbs down Major-league pricing on glass ...

It appears that SONY has some group in mind ... and it's definitely not your "normal" guy, that's for sure. Their pricing on their "pro"-line lensing is at least 30% higher than Canon's "L" glass, which defies explanation. I suppose you can go third party and deal from there, but if you go for the SONY badge on your lens, be prepared to pay out the wahzoo!

I guess SONY is trying to separate the men ... from men with large wallets. Well, not in this decade, I'm afraid. The big money is long gone. NAFTA saw to that, in the previous Clinton Administration and will finish it up, completely, if Clinton II gets her way.

We're living with the government funding our next lens purchase with a $600 rebate. Weird how that works, huh?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-01-2008 at 02:44 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I wonder if the new Sony full frame lenses produce a larger image circle than a Nikkor/Canon/Minolta/Pentax etc... do. If they do, it would explain how Sony gets in body IS with its full frame sensor.
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | Nikkor 12-24/4 | Nikkor 50/1.8 | Nikkor 70-200/2.8 VRI | Sigma 18-50/2.8 | SB-800 | SB-80DX (x4) | Radiopopper JrX Studio |

Red face You were warned ...

Well, the way I figure it ... you have about 8-months to unload that Nikon system you got yourself into ... and get onboard with SONY. Just imagine all the novel and neat things you will be doing that you simply cannot, with the limitations you are currently under.

Better get started, huh? I reallly tried to warn you ... save you major bucks ... but, the ear muffs were just on a little too tight, I suppose.

Anyway, see ya in the funny papers ...
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Just imagine all the novel and neat things you will be doing that you simply cannot, with the limitations you are currently under.
    such as ? lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

it would have to be 18mp or more just to break even with the a700...

Thumbs up Here's an interesting development ...

Contrasting the prototype idea from PMA 2007 with the prototype shown at PMA 2008

Name:  A900-compare.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  137.8 KB
    Thanks for Dyxum Forum for this image

Can't you just imagine this "bad boy" in your hand?

"Pose, baby ... now we're shooting with the good stuff."
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-05-2008 at 09:07 PM.

flickr & Sdi