Hey, I just got my canon rebel xti and just had some general questions about its functions when the dial is on 'P':
- What exactly is option 'P'? Is it just like 'Auto', but with more flexibility in terms of its shooting options?
- AF Mode - There's One shot, AI focus, and AI servo - I'm just trying to grasp what the MAIN difference is between AI focus and AI servo. My initial thought was that AI servo can handle movement better and focus faster than AI focus...?
- This also brings me to the Continuous shooting option - I would assume when shooting in continuous mode, I would change AF mode to AI servo for better focusing on moving objects - which further makes me wonder about the difference between AF focus and AF servo.
- Selecting the AF point - So on auto, all the points are on and it just focuses on the closest point, but the problem is that sometimes it may not focus on the point you want it to focus on. Is this where the manual option of changing the AF point comes in? Is this the only reason why someone would manually adjust the AF point? What circumstances (examples would be nice) (Choosing just one AF point doesn't seem too practical - I'm assuming someone would only use this when they have the time to adjust the AF point.?)
- Picture Style - For Landscape, Portrait, and Standard, it's the same thing as setting it automatically by turning the dial - so what's the difference for changing it with the dial on 'P'? I'm thinking it's the flexibility of exposure and such right?
Thanks everyone for answering my questions. I will probably have more as I learn more about this camera. Thanks again.