Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Kodak M or MD853

Does anyone have this camera. My wife wants this camera but I can't seem to find anything on it about it being a liked/disliked camera by its users. I'm hoping some people here own one and can give me input. I'm looking for the following things first off.

1. Battery life. How long does that rechargeable battery last before recharging. The samsung camera we have now eats batteries

2. How good are the pictures it takes. We have a 7MP right now and it takes good pictures except there's something wrong with it so the colors are off.I've been reading this camera has a lot of noise in the pictures. I'm just hoping this is because of user error and not product quality.

3. Easy to use? My wife isn't the most technical person

I've read reviews on the camera, but I've never been one to go by a review just because their done mostly by people who're used to using advanced camera so their always going to give so so reviews on point and shoots.

Any input at all would be appreciated. Thaanks guys
    Last edited by pdm76; 12-06-2007 at 07:29 AM.

The Kodak M853 was reviewed by this site a month ago, and the review was not a good one.
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ko...ew/index.shtml

The biggest problems were mediocre images and poor low-light focusing. The review mentioned several alternatives, but the one I would recommend would be the Fuji F40fd, especially if most of the pictures your wife wants to take are indoors.

Yeah, I was looking at a Fuji camera at wal-mart. It's one of those kits for $150. I believe it was the A805 model. But after taking some pics with the Z10fd, I wasn't impressed with the picture quality. I took a bunch just to test it and they all didn't come out very clear. Hopefully that wasn't a sign of their digital camera qualities. The A805 model got good reviews, so I'm really contemplating on that one. Here's a link for it http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=6537101

I'll check out the fuji model you posted about as well. Something tells me to look at Canon cameras too. Too many choices. lol