Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Photography book giveaway

I have one copy of Photoshop Elements 5 The Missing Manual by Barbara Brundage ISBN-10: 0-596-52728-4 and one copy of Understanding Digital Photography by Bryan Peterson ISBN: 0-8174-3796-7

Any senior DCRP member living in the CONUS or Canada who wants one or both books for free, shipped for free, just be the first to respond to this post to reserve it/them and I'll contact you for your mailing address via PM.
    The respect of those you respect is greater than the applause of the multitude.

Great offer nqjudo! I have no need for these, but I bet someone will....
    My best pics on Flickr

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/garysimmons
    Like me on Facebook: facebook.com/GarySimmonsPhotography

Gear: Canon 60D, Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX DC Macro, Sigma 50-150 f2.8 EX DC II, Canon 50 f1.8, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 EX DC, Sigma 120-400 DG OS. 1 430EX, 1 430EXII, 1 580EXII, ST-E2, Manfrotto 190XPROB (soon to be replaced by the carbon version)
    Plus filters, wireless triggers and other junk...

I would love the second book for sure. I'm in Victoria Do I win:???
    Happy owner of a few canon cameras

Canon 40D
    Sigma 18-200 f3.5-6.3 DC OS
    Canon 50mm 1.8
    Canon 420ex
    UV Filter

Canon S3 IS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69023502@N00/

Hey nqjudo - I'm interested in number 1
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Red face I gave up ...

I gave up on digital photography ... it's just not cheap enough, yet. At 20% the cost of film processing ... c'mon, this is 2007 ... almost 2008! Let's get cheap! How about holographic photography, for a real switch? It prints to nothing but air!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I don't really need any photography books, but have you got any autobiographies? This month I've read Rodney Mullen, Marilyn Manson, Mat Hoffman, and I'm about finished with John Lennon (although not completely an autobiography, more of an autobiography of his personal assistant who wrote the book). Amazon is so overwhelming, I can never find anyone interesting.
    Last edited by griptape; 11-29-2007 at 11:22 AM.

Try the library.... Our library has TONS of photography books (and biographies too, I'm sure), enough to keep me busy for months.

Some of them are older, focused more on film... but the principles are the same. And they have many photoshop and other software books too.
    My best pics on Flickr

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/garysimmons
    Like me on Facebook: facebook.com/GarySimmonsPhotography

Gear: Canon 60D, Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX DC Macro, Sigma 50-150 f2.8 EX DC II, Canon 50 f1.8, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 EX DC, Sigma 120-400 DG OS. 1 430EX, 1 430EXII, 1 580EXII, ST-E2, Manfrotto 190XPROB (soon to be replaced by the carbon version)
    Plus filters, wireless triggers and other junk...

Quote Originally Posted by danidabi View Post
    I would love the second book for sure. I'm in Victoria Do I win:???
    Yup, just PM me your mailing address and I'll ship it tomorrow or Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Hey nqjudo - I'm interested in number 1
    PM me your mailing address. It's yours.

Quote Originally Posted by griptape View Post
    I don't really need any photography books, but have you got any autobiographies? This month I've read Rodney Mullen, Marilyn Manson, Mat Hoffman, and I'm about finished with John Lennon (although not completely an autobiography, more of an autobiography of his personal assistant who wrote the book). Amazon is so overwhelming, I can never find anyone interesting.
    The only autobiography that I have is Ansel Adams. Let me know if you are interested.