Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

2650mah duracell

hi just recently i purchased some of these batteries 2650mah duracell AA but i wasnt able to find any charger that would support 2650mah rechargables. all i had was a dynex 15min charger that dynex told me could only charge 2400mah batteries. then i saw the energizer 15 min charger where it said on the energizer pdf manual on their site would be able to charge 2500mah energizer batteries, so my question is would it also be able to fully charge my duracell 2650mah batteries? anybody know anything about this? it would be surely appreciated!

15 minute charges will overheat and destroy your batteries in fairly short order. Look for a slower charger, like this Maha which will handle any of your batteries.

I suspect the chargers you have will handle the 2650 batteries that you have regardless of what the package says, but you should avoid the 15 minute chargers anyways.

i understand that, yes! 15 minute chargers would overheat batteries, cause basically what the charger would do is charge the battery with high amps! but 15 minute charger nowadays specially the one made by energizer have blowers in them which blow cool air over the batteries! which would inturn not make them overheat, first i heared of these chargers i was skeptical, the same thing you said, i said to my self! but for a couple of months now ive been using two brands namely dynex and energizer, i have to say they really work great specially the energizer brand! it supports trickle charging, and has an ic that prevents over charging! only thing i am curious about is, would it be able to charge the duracell 2650mah batteries!

i really dont know whether its working on a timed charge or an ic monitoring the rate of charge and determining whether batt's full or not! but i have to say using the energzer charger along with the 2200mah AA that i use on my camera i am pretty well satisfied, i've been getting like 200 shots on 2 2200mah AA's and thats really great for me since i only have a kodak Z712is camera, which if you all know has poor battery preformance, but hey compared to the li-ion cr-v3 that kodak says can take 300 to 350 shots and the klic-8000 rechargable which is rated at 300-400 id say im happy with these energizer batteries! 9.99$ for 4 2200mah AA's compared to like 34.99$ klic-8000 or two cr-v3 lithuim batt's for 14$ id say that pretty cheap!

like on some reviews i've been seing the canon takes like 450 shots on 4 AA's id say im pretty close 200 shots on 2 2200mah AA's that equals to 400 for 4 AA's not to mention if i use higher mah's but i havent yet tried it nor conducted any reasonable test! but i can assure you i have tested it it several times on my 2200mah energizer i can take atleast 200 shots at the most around 240 i guess!

only problem with metal hydrides is they discharge so fast, even thou your not using them! i guess thats why they have a trickle charge!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarqfx View Post
    only problem with metal hydrides is they discharge so fast, even thou your not using them! i guess thats why they have a trickle charge!
    If self discharge is a major concern to you, you might want to take a look at the low self discharge type NiMH cells, such as the Sanyo Eneloop. They can hold their charge for up to a year or so.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    My 10-minute charger brought back to life batteries that I would otherwise have thrown out. Mine reconditions.

Having said that, I'm planning on getting this charger....

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/view...?idProduct=422

thank's for all the info! everybodys been a great help! learning a lot! other than the one you recommended the battery conditioner, are there any other good smart battery chargers out there available in retails stores?

which would perform better 2 2650mah AA's or one 3v cr-v3 rated at 3v 1800mah say for my kodak z712is camera since my camera has a high cut off current! would the cr-v3 ev 1800mah hold a steady 3v longer than my 2.4v 2650mah's how long would each battery hold their charge before their voltage drop off inturn not powering my camera to turn on?

wildwilson Guest
    I have about 6 sets (4 in each set) of the 2650mAh duracells. Their self-discharge is very high and it's not the same between batteries or batteries sets. When they are freshly charged they work very well, but drop in capacity after several days. Several of the cells have become useless in less than 3 months of use. Most of the time I use a MAHA MH-C801D eight cell charger. I have also been using the RAYOVAC Hybrid with very good results.
    Dave

rechargables

Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    15 minute charges will overheat and destroy your batteries in fairly short order. Look for a slower charger, like this Maha which will handle any of your batteries.

I suspect the chargers you have will handle the 2650 batteries that you have regardless of what the package says, but you should avoid the 15 minute chargers anyways.
    When I purchased by Canon S2-IS I bought a 15-min Duracell charger (w-fan) and 2400mA 4-AA battery set. I at the same time purchased an additional set of 4-AA 2500mA batteries.

I cannot speak for anyone elses experience but I shot 10,000 pictures in one year (yes 10,000) and NEVER had any problems. Almost to the the day I bought the batteries, I replaced them with 8-AA 2650mA's. The discharge rate on them was great until maybe a month before I replaced them.

If they did experience any reduced performance from the charger I didn't notice it. I can assure you that my batteries were carted everywhere I went. I live in Phoenix, where I have used them in 115+ heat, and have used them in 15 degree cold. They have been exposed to salt air in San Francisco and San Diego, and super saturated air at a tropical climate greenhouse at a botanical garden in Fort Worth, Texas. They have been stuffed into pockets stored in my camera bag in hot cars and trunks.

I did however keep them in a snack size ziplock to keep my "sets" together. I did not mix the mA ratings.
    Texan_Eagle_Scout
    Phoenix, AZ
    My Storefront here: http://www.photoworks.com/storefront/Texan_Eagle_Scout

Canon S2-IS (Mine and loving it!) 14000+ Images since May-2006 (12,000 in the first year!)

*New*Nikon D-50 w/28-80mmZoom (1:3.3-5.6 G) + 70-300mm (1:4-5.6 G) Body+2 Lenses=$749

*** No Longer Used ***
    Minolta Maxxum HTSI+ 35mm >AF/MF circuitry faulty<
    Minolta Maxxum 9000 >Drop damage while in storage <

Maha Chargers

I do have the MH-C800s and it is a great charger. My primary charger is the MH-C9000. I try to charge at .5C and discharge at .2C.

Regarding the fast chargers. If you want to get the max # of cycles out of your cells, go with a slower charging rate. But as the previous poster mentioned, you're still going to get a ton of shots out of your cells when quick charging, you'll just get less charge cycles overall. But when you look at it, you've still gotten a lot out of your cell investment.

Also, if you're in situations where you need to charge cells on the fly, the quick charger is the way to go.

I've found Powerex 2700 AA and eneloop AA cells to be the best performers.