Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Exclamation Fellow SONY DSLR Forum readers ...

There is hope for the glass-deprived and fortunate few who have braved into the world of SONY DSLR photography. SONY is releasing, in the next few months, several new and terrific lenses for the soon to be FOUR cameras (3-APS-C and one FF).

I just happen to have ... a picture:

Name:  onpare_wb_sm.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  29.8 KB

Okay, okay ... watch the drool!

Anyway ... if you have legit info to share ... why not do it here? This is the closest thing to a blank slate that you can have.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-21-2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

so has it been confirmed that it is actually a FF sensor and it will have SSS ?
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Question You ask for specifics ... the slate is still blank

It's going to be BIG ... and PMA 08 holds the key to exactly how big.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

lol are you excited Don ?
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Fellow SONY DSLR Forum readers ...
    Who's the other one?
    Ouch.

lmfao...GOLD.
    flickr

Red face Yeah, it's pretty obvious ... elbow room to spare

SONY DSLRs are widely scattered, like islands in the storm. Not quite as isolated as Olympus players, but close. But, hey, into each life a little rain must fall, eh?

If I have it all to myself ... that's a problem?

It's not like being a squad leader or something. In fact, in my entire effort in photography, darn few people ever took enough interest to even enjoy a demonstration of the inner workings of any of the cameras or parts I've willingly shown others. Canons, Nikons, Olys, Minoltas ... most people grab the little P&S, throw it in their pocket (or purse) and run off to lil' Billy's party. They could give two **** about lenses, flashes or even ISO shifts. It's just too much for these compartmentalized folks to appreciate or take enough to understand. It really comes down to just as long as they can squeeze one off ... and get the kid's smilin' mug. They're done!

Anyway, I knew it would be an uphill struggle from ground-zero with SONY. Anyone can run with a crowd ... mob mentality is nothing new in photography or life itself, for that matter. Personally ... it really doesn't matter. The fun is in the doing. It's the journey, not the destination, so they say. When I go ... I go it alone. It is my art ... my effort ... and, most of all, my choice.

I say "good luck" and "keep it up" to all those who enjoy their work and craft ... and to the rest ... I suggest you go find something else to amuse yourself.

Hey, thanks for stoppin' in, guys ... we're just "stockin' up."
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-21-2008 at 04:58 PM.

flickr & Sdi