Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

Whatís the best SD card?

Whatís the fastest and most reliable SD card on the market. I donít mind paying a little extra to get the best equipment on the market?

AlsoÖ
    Iím looking for the best small camera to go travelling with. Iím not worried about the price but I do want the camera to be as small as possible and take excellent photos.

So far Iíve come up with the Pentax S5i and the Casio EX-Z55. Iíve read a couple of reviews on each and they both sound pretty good? Does anyone know what their weak points are? The S5i seems to suffer from shutter lag & the time you have to wait between photos is an unacceptable 6 seconds. The little sony one is no good as it hasnít got a tri-pod mount which leaves the EX-Z55 at the top of my list? I havenít manage to find many reviews on this camera which makes me think no one has bought it.

Iím new to digital cameras so any suggestions on the best small camera on the market?

Are these little cameras just too small to provide good quality photos? Would I notice the difference between a photo taken on the Casio EX-Z55 and one taken on a slightly larger camera? Sorry, Iím a bit new to this lark!

Iíve got an ipod and hope to store the photos from my SD card on it. What device do I need and where can I get one?

Thanks for the help.

Hey

I find that the SD300 or the SD200 Digital Elph is great.. Also the Optio Series are great too I use to own an Optio S40

Both very small and extremely compact full of features. Do a search for the review

Though the Optio S40 is much cheaper then the Digital Elph

umm.. I think there is this prefferial that you can buy for the Ipod that cost like a fortune for you to store junk on your Ipod.. you'd probably use that money to buy an Extra SD card or something which holds like a gig of storage..wont go wrong with that
    武壇 八極拳 & 螳螂拳

do you really need a super duper fast card? even if the camera can't keep up with it? kinda be a waste of money imho to bother with that. I'll stick with a card that matches or slightly exeeds the highest speed requirements instead.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze
    do you really need a super duper fast card? even if the camera can't keep up with it? kinda be a waste of money imho to bother with that. I'll stick with a card that matches or slightly exeeds the highest speed requirements instead.
    I agree - don't worry too much about the speed of the cards. For everyday, just get one that's roughly ok.

You don't have to store those photos on the iPod. I'm not even sure you can slot an SD card into the iPod without purchasing some $$$ accessory. Try spending that money on a bigger SD card, like c2ironfist mentioned.
    Your right, I have never come across an accessory for the Ipod after owning one for a few years as well!
    My flickr photos & my new photoblog & Canon EOS 30D.

Quote Originally Posted by nukem88
    Whatís the fastest and most reliable SD card on the market. I donít mind paying a little extra to get the best equipment on the market?

AlsoÖ
    Iím looking for the best small camera to go travelling with. Iím not worried about the price but I do want the camera to be as small as possible and take excellent photos.

So far Iíve come up with the Pentax S5i and the Casio EX-Z55. Iíve read a couple of reviews on each and they both sound pretty good? Does anyone know what their weak points are? The S5i seems to suffer from shutter lag & the time you have to wait between photos is an unacceptable 6 seconds. The little sony one is no good as it hasnít got a tri-pod mount which leaves the EX-Z55 at the top of my list? I havenít manage to find many reviews on this camera which makes me think no one has bought it.

Iím new to digital cameras so any suggestions on the best small camera on the market?

Are these little cameras just too small to provide good quality photos? Would I notice the difference between a photo taken on the Casio EX-Z55 and one taken on a slightly larger camera? Sorry, Iím a bit new to this lark!

Iíve got an ipod and hope to store the photos from my SD card on it. What device do I need and where can I get one?

Thanks for the help.

The Pentax S5i and the Casio EX-Z55 are good cameras. Watch out for the Pentax though. The on-off switch is positioned WAY too close to the shutter button - resulting in accidental on-offs.

You don't have to store those photos on the iPod. I'm not even sure you can slot an SD card into the iPod without purchasing some $$$ accessory. Try spending that money on a bigger SD card, like c2ironfist mentioned.

You'll be thankful for the speed if you have an external card reader. It's much faster than downloading straight from the camera. You may be able to utilize that high speed in future cameras as well.

Brands like Kingmax have relatively inexpensive high-speed cards.