Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buydig.com

buydig.com

i was shopping around for my canon A80 when i saw that buydig.com is selling the A85 for 201 dollars.. how reliable is this site? are they one of the shady scam artists or can i expect good service? if anyone has had experience with this company then please advise!!

I too am looking to purchase a camera from BuyDig.com. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Buydig.com

Buydig.com is currently rated as 8.73 out of 10 on the Resellerratings.com website which is a decent rating. I've never dealt with these folks but I've heard from others that they are honest but usually call the buyer to "confirm" the order. Their confirmation call results in a very high pressure sales pitch to sell accessories and extended warranties. The accessories are generally overpriced and the extended warranties are often a royal screw. I guess that's not a problem if one doesn't have a problem saying "no".

buydig.com

I ordered a 20d and lens from buydig last Wednesday night. I called them on Thursday to make sure the order was ok and was told the order was at shipping. I did not receive any email with tracking numbers on Thurs so I called on Fri, only to be told they were out of stock, even thought the website said "in stock." Called back this morning and still out of stock. So I cancelled my order and ordered through digitalfotoclub (price was $1308 for the 20d w/o lens and $393 for the Canon EF 28-135 IS USM). Shipping and all came out to about $1775.

Ted (who will not go to buydig.com again)

Ok

I have used BuyDig.com. I had an excellent experience which I think is more the norm and not the exception. My suggestion to you is to call before ordering to make sure exactly what you want is in stock. I always do this before ordering online because any online store may have a site that isn't updated to the minute.

Anyway, I ordered the FZ20 and got it in 3 days! All accessories included and the manufacturer's warranty. You shouldn't have a problem with these guys.

-Lee Ann

buydig.com

I called yesterday morning and canceled my order with buydig.com--the canon 20d was in stock when I placed the order yet not in stock when I called and they never called or emailed to notify me it was out of stock. I made sure the customer service rep understood I wanted to cancel the order. Last night a charge came through on my credit card for the buydig order, even though the camera was out of stock and I had canceled the order. When i called today, the CS rep--Jake--was extremely rude. I filed a complaint with the BBB, which I also faxed to the buydig VP. I will never do business with them again and will never suggest anyone do so.

Ted

Buydig.com is the "sister site" to Beach Camera. I have ordered twice from Beach w/good results, but have never used Buydig.

Buydig isn't carrying Panasonic FZ cameras anymore?

A couple of weeks ago, Buydig was offering the FZ15 at ~$346, I think. Today I couldn't find any Panasonic FZ cameras on Buydig, only the FX7 and LC80. Curious change?
    Let a be your umbrella!

Buy Dig.Com

I have had nothing but excellent service for Buy Dig.Com, and I have purchased not one but three digital cameras from them. They have filled the order promptly, everything was there, and the cameras arrived on the promised schedule.

Sarah Joyce

Two views of Buydig.com

I purchased my Canon PShot G2 three years ago from Buydig. I felt I received excellent service--all items came as advertised, on time, and I had no billing issues. (By the way, I ordered online--no pre-call, and didn't speak to anyone there.)

My friend, on the other hand, bought an Olympus 5050. He was told that the item was in stock. A week later it hadn't arrived, and he called to cancel his order. The response was a generic "Ooops, that's out of stock, we'll have to
    check back with you." He cancelled right away.

Some time later the camera arrived and he had been charged.

The worst part of that, of course, is that you'd have to waste your time sending the thing back...

I'm seriously considering an EOS 20D and am now sort of...wondering...if Buydig should be on my short list at all.

Just some pennies.

Julian