Noob looking to buy a camera!
I'm a total amateur when it comes to cameras... I know how to point and shoot and that's about it! What I'm looking for in a camera is something that can take good pictures at sporting events and get good pics of my kid running around (he never sits still!) without being blurry. I don't have a ton of money to spend so I'm looking for something around the $300-$400 range. I'd also prefer to have a slim camera that could fit in a pocket rather than the bulky ones that would have to be carried around the neck. Any help would be REALLY appreciated!
* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
----- Preferably a slim camera that could fit in a pocket
How many megapixels will suffice for you?
* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify)
* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)
Do you care for manual controls?
* What will you generally use the camera for?
----- Sporting events (indoor soccer, hockey) / taking pics of our child / Vacation pics (thus a slim camera would be nice)
* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not?
Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?
Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?
Are there particular brands you like or hate?
---- Like Sony
Are there particular models you already have in mind?
(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD)
Last edited by RangerRebel; 11-06-2007 at 10:34 AM.