Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.

New business card - what do you think?

I just redesigned my business card. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like the card but find the line through the eye to be distracting. It also looks like you used 2 eyes overlaid cause that line changes height towards the right side of the eye. Does that make any sense?

But other then that I really like the card especially the eye color!!
    Happy owner of a few canon cameras

Canon 40D
    Sigma 18-200 f3.5-6.3 DC OS
    Canon 50mm 1.8
    Canon 420ex
    UV Filter

Canon S3 IS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69023502@N00/

very nice setup. i'd probably go for a smaller font though. the text dominates the card a litle too much.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    I want the text to be readable by people who don't see as well as they used to. I'd make the text scarlet if scarlet was easy to read. Trouble is - people like reading black on white.

Print some up and see people's reaction!

I doubt anyone will nit-pick it. They'll just see "Blue, oooh pretty color". Maybe 5% will notice the globe and make the connection with "World". It's not like they care so much, you're just another business card.

Also see how YOU feel when you hand it out. If it makes you feel shy or apologetic then fix it. From your post; I'm guessing you like it and can't wait to use it as-is.

My take is that it's memorable and striking. Slightly harder to get lost among the 20 other cards people collect as weeks pass.
    Gear List:
    Some links I like: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Rhys - I really do like the card overall but I agree with Rooz about the text. I don't know if it is the font, size, contrast or just the fact that I am looking at it on an LCD though. I'm thinking that it would be somewhat toned down and look quite different on a less reflective surface. I think getting a few test prints if possible would be prudent.
    The respect of those you respect is greater than the applause of the multitude.

How about a background color for the text? One editing program I have has the option of filled-in backing which only runs right behind the text, and which you can make whatever color suits you. The text could then stand out more but the font size could be smaller.

And maybe you could align all the text to the right margin (i.e. basically a reversal of standard formatting for text in say Microsoft Word, etc.)? But I agree with the others, nice card indeed.
    Nikon D40 + kit lens

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D AF(...or not)

Like the card. You can bring out the text by using drop shadow.
    I'd prefer the main title
    SagePhotoworld and Photography
    Right aligned. So the card looks balanced.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Quote Originally Posted by tim11 View Post
    I'd prefer the main title
    SagePhotoworld and Photography
    Right aligned. So the card looks balanced.
    I agree. looks nice
    I think I might like a thin black boarder with a bit of white on the outside edge, just my thoughts

Peace out
    Canon 7D ~ Canon 20D
    70-200L f/2.8 | 100 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.4 | 10-22 f/3.5-4.5
    580EX | BG-E7 | BG-E2

"Keyboard failure, press any key to continue.... "

I think your business card and your website should share the same theme. I like the colors and theme used on your business card much better than the cityscape orange/gray on the site. I also second the idea for a black boarder around the edge. I think you should try to separate the text from the graphic too. IMO the symbol you put on the card should be used like a logo not a background (maybe just shrink it a little?). Lastly I would make it matte, as I think it'd look more professional. I think as it is now, it does a good job of catching the eye but it could look more professional.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr