Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The 40D review is nice to read but I see no big reason that would make me want 40D over XTi. Probably because I am still newbie in DSLR world, huh? So I am sitting on a fence counting to the moment when Canon rolls out a new 50D. No rush for me.

As for Nikon D300, the jury is still out.

Fionn, I see you take your pleasure in beating 40D into dust…but I still wait to see if D300 has more than just its 3’’ highly pixelated display.

No, don't get me wrong, I like the 40D. (It's close enough to "D40" to earn my approval) The reason I nitpick is because I'd like it even more if it didn't have what I'd call a couple of pretty obvious flaws. But as far as build, picture quality, etc., it's a nice, nice camera.
    Nikon D40 + kit lens

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D AF(...or not)

yesterday i put my hands on 40D in a shop, wow, great feeling. Compared this along with 5D and 40D felt so more responsive, not mention larger LCD and comfortable feel (surprisingly it felt better than 5D). Very good camera, instant connection between the gear and photographer IMO. Yet waiting to see a revolutionary D300 out of curiousity.