Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

sahilsmith Guest

How Do I Create Moving Images On My Webpage?

I am studying html. Have domain, and web space. I am a digital artist. I did not like the free templates offered out there and am creating my own. But I need to know how to create moving images. I have Dreamweaver, Fireworks, but I am lost as to how to use these programs and the help tab is not helping. I want an elaborate website. I can learn anything, so please just give me the information without thinking I can't handle it. I just started learning html a little while ago, and most of it is self-explanatory. But I want to create an extravagant webpage to suit the kind of digital art I do. I want fade-ins and images stacking onto one another, that kind of thing, a really nice webpage. Not the static stuff I see on the net.
    Thank you. I wait anxiously for a comprehensive reply

I could be wrong but I'm not sure this is the best place to look for the answer to your question.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

If you want fade ins/outs you'll want to get (and learn to use) Flash. HTML is far too simple of a language to be practical for what you're describing.

There much better places to ask a question like this than a photography forum I guess. Moreover you have to define what you mean by "moving pictures" From what you've said it could be both some simple .gif picture or a complicated flash animation...
    And by the way, you said you just started learning html a while ago. So be sure there are things concerning web-graphics, you definitely wouldn't understand. GD for instance... So don't go around telling people that you could handle anything they say...
    Last edited by Pave; 10-09-2007 at 08:27 AM.

Red face Movin' on!

You'd be better off checking out Microsoft, Adobe or Macromedia for this kind of thing.

This forum is more scoped toward better looking static images. In fact, we kind of bristle when things ... MOVE.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-09-2007 at 09:15 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Of course it depends on what moves. For example if shutter moves, it is quite ok

A. I am lost as to how to use these programs....

B. I can learn anything.

C. I want an elaborate website.

D. I wait anxiously for a comprehensive reply.
    Yes, we still photographers will write up a three sentence comprehensive reply that will instruct you how to use these complex programs. Hang on just one second, it's coming...

Oh, can anyone tell me how do brain surgery? It sounds like fun.
    Last edited by SpecialK; 10-20-2007 at 12:09 AM.
    Pentax K20D/K5/15/21/40/70/10-17/12-24, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5/150-500, Tamron 90 Macro/70-200 2.8, Canon SX20 IS/Elph 500HS
    (formerly Pentax 50 1.4/50-200/55-300/K100D, Sigma 18-50 2.8/70-300 APO, Tamron 28-75, Viv 800, Tele-Tokina 800, Canon S3 IS, Samsung L210)
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/KylePix/

If you are planning to create an online photogallery I recommend you take a look at the simpleviewer (google it and you'll find it). It is a flash photogallery that is pretty easy to install. It is possible to incorporate it in a HTML website.
    I did that a while back: http://prospero.awardspace.com

I later improved this site by including the thumbnails, but the webspace I had put it on shut down and I don't have the site on my computer anymore.

If you want animated menus etc, I recommend that you get a good book on flash...
    Last edited by Prospero; 10-20-2007 at 05:28 AM.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl