Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

iphoto picking up 2 dslr-a100

hey all, i think that my memory card might be messed up, when i connect my camera to my macbook and iphoto starts, it picks up 2 cameras, one with all of the files, another with a scattering of them. it takes longer than before to recognize the camera and now its picking up 2 of them. Once i get these photos off i'm going to format my card and see if that makes a difference.

anyone else had this problem?

sa.
    Sony DSLRA100 w/ SAL18200
    Sony DSCW7B
    Sony DSCW80

Red face What ... no, no problem. Why?

Considering that I do not use a MAC for anything ... in a word, NO.

I basically use a PC for just about everything concerning my photography. One of the reasons I do so is because no one else I know, personally, uses a MAC either. This avoids two things:

1) Incompatibility
    2) Discontinuity of imagery

While use of a MAC maybe preferred by artisans and "the rest of us", I do believe the PC may be around just a little while to make the decision to stick with it ... the correct one.

Keep it simple.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi