Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

Digital Extreme Power Batteries & Charger?

My wife just bought a Canon Powershot A630. She bought a package from the online retailer that included a printer and a set of 4 NiMH rechargeables and a charger.

The instructions that came with the charger are pretty sparse, so I'm not sure if we should ditch the charger that came with the batteries or what. Doesnt say how long to charge the batteries, and the only indicator on the charger is an LED that indicates whether or not the thing is plugged in.

The brand name is "Digital Extreme Power". On the back of the package it claims to be a division of Bower, Inc.

Does anybody know anything about the batteries and/or charger? Any assistance or information would be welcome.

Charger and Cells

I've not heard of that charger and cells. The information in the link doesn't provide many technical specifications. My hunch is that they're not true 2700 mAh cells, and the only way to tell would be to run them through a battery analyzer. Since it cuts off into a trickle charge, this means it has at least some type of termintion, whether it's voltage, temperature, or both types of termination. I'd also want to know the trickle charge current, and since we don't know what that is, I'd recommend against leaving them on trickle charge for more than a 3-4 hours after the charge terminates.

I've found the best AA NiMH batteries to be the Maha Powerex 2700 mAh cells. Running them through the analyze mode on the MH-C9000 charger consistently shows capacities between 2700 and 2800 mAh. My favorite charger to go along with these batteries is the MH-C9000.

For $23 more, you could have the C9000 charger and 4 Powerex 2700 mAh cells.

sunday2k

bower site is: http://www.bowerusa.com/index.php. Good luck finding any information?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePreachersWife View Post
    My wife just bought a Canon Powershot A630. She bought a package from the online retailer that included a printer and a set of 4 NiMH rechargeables and a charger.

The instructions that came with the charger are pretty sparse, so I'm not sure if we should ditch the charger that came with the batteries or what. Doesnt say how long to charge the batteries, and the only indicator on the charger is an LED that indicates whether or not the thing is plugged in.

The brand name is "Digital Extreme Power". On the back of the package it claims to be a division of Bower, Inc.

Does anybody know anything about the batteries and/or charger? Any assistance or information would be welcome.

Digital Extreme Power

Quote Originally Posted by ThePreachersWife View Post

I recently purchased a Digital Extreme Power Charger, Model XPC427 which will charge up to four (4) batteries at a time, either AA or AAA. The instructions refer to charging the batteries until the LED lights extinguish, indicating full charge. My initial charge took a little over 24 hrs for the new 2700mAh batteries included. The instructions state: "That LED Light will shut off afteer complete charge of batteries. Take off the charger from plug when charging time is completed." See description: http://www.bowerusa.com/catalog.php?item=296|310

XPC427

Digital Extreme Power Compact 4/pcs of AA Charger

- Charges 4/AA of AAA
    - 110/220 volts pull down AC
    - Automatic Shut off with full charge
    - European plug adapter included
    - Includes 4/pcs 2700mAh AA batteries.