Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

About Canon's LCD Screen

I have been using Canon's Elph SD 600 for six months. It is my first digital camera and except for the limits of the zoom range, I was very pleased. Suddenly, it appears that the anti-reflective glare coating that is sprayed-on, is peeling off. Does Canon use this coating on all their digital cameras? I have been very gentle with the screen and only wipe the surface gently and have kept it dry and out of heat and cold. Canon says that they never had this complaint before but I doubt that I am the first. Is it normal for the coating to come off?

I put LCD screen protector on all my cameras

What kind of cloth do you use to wipe the screen? (Hopefully a micro-fiber lens cleaning cloth.)

Do you use alcohol or just water?

I have an old beat up SD110 and the screen does have some marks on it and light scratches. I guess it looks like some of the coating has rubbed off but this is after 20,000+ pictures and hundreds of screen cleanings.

On all my new cameras I use a screen protector which can be replaced when it gets scratched.

The 500 and 600 SD series are notorious for that. The newer generations and other models don't have the same problem.

A 620/640 series?

Do the A620/640 series have this anti-reflective coating as well? I don't have a LCD protector, but I only use distilled sprayed onto a microfiber cloth to clean it.