Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Yeah, it wouldn't hurt Well, I'll just have to make it harder for them.

Still trying to figure out what to do about a logo and tagging the pictures. This picture has the obvious logo, and is also tagged 3 more places with my name...

Marius I look forward to your excursions in 2010, shame you had to paste copyright over everything, still it's testament to the quality of your shots that you need to. This last one is quite discretely marked, nicely done. Not sure where the three tags are though only the bottom rh corner logo shows up for me, is that intended? If so I think you've found a great way to protect your shots without spoiling the viewing.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I can see two of theother three watermarks:
    Above the car windscreen on the three wall panels near the top.
    On the glass panels about level with the wing mirror on the right hand side.
    Is the other one bottom left on the tarmac ?

What is wanted is a way to watermark that can be done automaticaly but put the watermark in a good location without being intrusive.

There are some methods I have tried using Imagemagick here: http://www.rubblewebs.co.uk/imagemagick/watermark.php

I use this method but it has different effects on different photos depending on the subject:

I suppose you would need to check the image in some way and adjust the opacity settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Marius I look forward to your excursions in 2010, shame you had to paste copyright over everything, still it's testament to the quality of your shots that you need to. This last one is quite discretely marked, nicely done. Not sure where the three tags are though only the bottom rh corner logo shows up for me, is that intended? If so I think you've found a great way to protect your shots without spoiling the viewing.
    Thanks Phill. There's only the visible logo in the right hand corner. The 3 other tags are just my name. I'll try different ways and logos etc on coming pictures to see what works best without beeing too obtrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
    What is wanted is a way to watermark that can be done automaticaly but put the watermark in a good location without being intrusive.

There are some methods I have tried using Imagemagick here: http://www.rubblewebs.co.uk/imagemagick/watermark.php

I use this method but it has different effects on different photos depending on the subject:
    Thanks for the tip Bonzo. I just use photoshop. Create a layer with the stuff I want to hide, and change the blending option/color/opacity untill I'm happy

I like what your last watermarking trial looks like but it must be time consuming.
    Your main watermark is good as anyone would have a problem cropping the car without keeping at least part of it as it overlaps any rectangle crop drawn around the car and it is not to intrusive into the photo.
    Your other 3 watermarks again are not noticable unless you were looking for them - in fact I only think I found 2 out of three and would not have noticed them at all except I was looking for them.
    I suppose its not to long to do if you are doing some work on the photo anyway ?

I think your photos look great and show the cars off very well.
    Last edited by Anthony; 01-20-2010 at 12:25 PM.

You're right. Editing the pictures themselves takes hours, so spending a few extra minutes hiding some tags is easier than to have to involve another program to do it And, thank you!

All pictures on my www page have been re-done and tagget everywhere from 3-7 places each. This, for instance, is tagged 6 places:

Photographed a couple of maine coon cats yesturday...

D700 + 50mm f1.8 @ f1.8 / ISO 400

D700 + 50mm f1.8 @ f1.8 / ISO 800