Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Apart from the moon shot...everything else is just STUNNING!!! Keep them coming!!
    Film
    Nikon EM, Series E lenses 50mm f1.8|28mm f1.8|100mm f2.8, Sigma 80-200mm f4.5-5.6
    Minolta Riva 100AF, Sinpo PQ-3, Olympus mju-III wide 100, Yashica 635
    Digital
    Sony cybershot W90, cybershot T90
    Canon A720i|400D|7D|5DMKII|85mm f1.8|24-105mm f4|135mm f2|40mm f2.8|430EX II*2|BG-E3|BG-E7
    Sigma 24mm f1.8|50mm f2.8|105mm f2.8 Samyang 8mm fisheye
    Portfolio

wow, cool images, and I see you mention D700, is this your new camera?

FAISAL: Thanks, and I can only agree about the moon shot. I havn't even bothered to save a full size version on my computer of it.

GINTARAS: Thank you. Yes, I sold the D300 and bought a D700. Always wanted to play around with a FF camera, ever since I used canon gear and was looking at the 5D. Finally got one, and not regretting it for a second

The weather seems to insist on beeing just gray and rainy and even more gray. It's been like this for what seems a small eternity now (well, I'm guessing about 4-5 weeks). The only sunshine has been a few days when I'm stuck at work, looking out the window, just hating the fact that I'm stuck in a meaningless office job and having to see the sun set before I go home.

So my desire for photography has been climbing the walls, and today I just had to do something, so I ended up doing another self portrait. D700 + 50 f1.8 @ f2.8 and ISO 400. The focus hit the tip of my shirt so it could have been sharper. I also slightly over exposed the picture on purpose, which wasn't the best decision I ever made.

cool, and best luck with your new camera. hopefully spring comes sooner...... meanwhile i wonder if you mind using underground parking spots for shooting cars, lets say some more or less empty parking in a shopping mall? client can pay small fee parking and may be parking can provide some creativity view?

I've tried a parking garage before. This bmw was shot in one:

As far as using indoor spaces to get away from the bad weather, there's a few problems. First and foremost, people have snow tires on small wheels now. So it doesn't look good, at all. And it's almost always wet outside, so getting a car to a garage clean isn't exactly easy either. So, for winter, I'm just forgetting all about cars.

Exactly what I'll be doing in 2010, I'm not sure of yet. I kind of had it with people beeing lazy and not showing up for photoshoots in 2009, so my mind is set more towards shooting things that isn't dependant on one lazy person bothering to show up. I've checked up on a few things our country has, and there's some scenic stuff to be captured. Fjords, nature reserves etc. There's a place with wolves I *really* want to go. I just have to stop beeing so lazy myself and get out there

this BMW image is stunning, great work.
    best of luck 2U, looking to photos of places you plan visiting. i need to start exploring photoshop since camera cannot do everything.

Thank you.

Just going through some "old" stuff...

That's the sweetest picture I've ever seen of an E30....holy crap!

"Exactly what I'll be doing in 2010, I'm not sure of yet. I kind of had it with people beeing lazy and not showing up for photoshoots in 2009, so my mind is set more towards shooting things that isn't dependant on one lazy person bothering to show up. I've checked up on a few things our country has, and there's some scenic stuff to be captured. Fjords, nature reserves etc. There's a place with wolves I *really* want to go. I just have to stop beeing so lazy myself and get out there"

Whatever you decide to do in 2010 Marius, I'm sure many of us on this forum will continue to enjoy your work, you really have produced some stunning images in the past, rarely do I find any of your work that I could genuinely make negative comments about.

Thank you, both of you. I'll try to make a bigger effort in 2010 to make my photography a bit more diverse, and invest a bit more time into subjects that arn't cars - as I've been real lazy this year. For instance, the flowers I've shot are from the back of the house where I live, and the same with the moon. But, as I stated, I've been doing some homework on what there's to see in this country, so appart from the "standard" animals like moose, deer, geese and whatnot - I now know where I can photograph wolves, brown bear, lynx (not the shower gel ) and foxes. The park with the wolves and lynx even has an offer to let you come into the enclosure with the animals. Not sure if they'll allow me to bring the camera with me, and I'm not sure if I even want to. Especially with the lynx. If they decide to make my camera the most expencive chew toy they've ever had, there's little I can do about it

As for cars, I might visit some of the many trackdays we got here during the summer. Maybe. Problem is that I find no inspiration or challenge in taking panning shots of cars driving by. But the animal parks justifies the purchase of a nikkor 70-200 f2.8 VRII, and some trackdays will make the staggering/stupid price of this lens seem even more a bit more "sensible". Almost makes me want to get a canon 7D and ef 70-200 f4 L IS instead, as that costs the same. Nikon must be smoking rocks...

Anway - it's all just plans, for now.