Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by photowerkz View Post
    Thank you.

This picture might be a bit too art'sy for some people, but I like it:

1680x1050 (highly recomended):
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../mr2mk210b.jpg
    WoW! this image is taking my breath away, what a feeling... my car dealer is also selling expensive auto brands but i would not be brave enough to step forward for photographing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
    photowerkz, amazing shots, i wonder if you work for auto magazine. if not then i bet auto magazines would like you after seeing your shots. so much feeling for the cars in your images.

i also agree with wompom, your Chevy shot is ART worth on a wall in a good gallery. How you managed this?
    No, I don't work for a magazine - but thanks for the compliment I would love to be able to do it, but before I even think about applying for a job I need to work up a larger portfolio, and experiment more with different techniques. I'm playing with the idea of quitting my job in april '08 and take 6 months off to do as much photowork as I can during the summer. Would be awesome..

I always work on my photos in photoshop (don't ask me for techniques or tips - look around on the 'net instead )

No, I don't work for a magazine - but thanks for the compliment I would love to be able to do it, but before I even think about applying for a job I need to work up a larger portfolio, and experiment more with different techniques. I'm playing with the idea of quitting my job in april '08 and take 6 months off to do as much photowork as I can during the summer. Would be awesome..

I always work on my photos in photoshop (don't ask me for techniques or tips - look around on the 'net instead )
    Might not hurt to do a little freelance stuff for online magazines. I have a good friend that shoots for MiniTruckin, Sport Truck, Rodz and Choppers, Sound and Performance Magazine, and a couple others...he got started doing that just to pick up experience. If you were into minitrucks and such, I can point you in a few places...but not so much with the imports, though Im sure there is plenty out there.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3in2out/

Nikon D40 / 18-55 / 55-200 VR / Pelican Case

WTB: SB-600

Quote Originally Posted by 3In2Out View Post
    Might not hurt to do a little freelance stuff for online magazines. I have a good friend that shoots for MiniTruckin, Sport Truck, Rodz and Choppers, Sound and Performance Magazine, and a couple others...he got started doing that just to pick up experience. If you were into minitrucks and such, I can point you in a few places...but not so much with the imports, though Im sure there is plenty out there.
    Thanks for the tip. I live in norway, and trucks arn't really popular over here so I need to look at other models. There's a good selection of jap cars, and a lot of german steel over here tho.. And there are quite a few exotics hiding around in garages.

Anyways, thanks. Online magazines would probably be a good way to get some decent exposure.

Thumbs up

Amazing photo's(and cars)! you have inspired me to try out some more extensive PP.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14807929@N05/

D40+Sigma 17-70-2.8-4.5 DC MACRO

Thanks for the tip. I live in norway, and trucks arn't really popular over here so I need to look at other models. There's a good selection of jap cars, and a lot of german steel over here tho.. And there are quite a few exotics hiding around in garages.

Anyways, thanks. Online magazines would probably be a good way to get some decent exposure.
    No doubt, probably a quick search on the net for e-magazines in your area would turn up more than you need for places to consider shooting for. Seems like a lot of the ones over here are more than happy to have you shoot for them if they dont have someone in the area to cover car shows/features in that region. Of course, you'd probably be doing it mainly for free (though there is some paying gigs easy to get on)...but it helps get your name out if you dont know anyone in the business already.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3in2out/

Nikon D40 / 18-55 / 55-200 VR / Pelican Case

WTB: SB-600

Last edited by photowerkz; 11-28-2007 at 02:19 PM.

Working on a new page for my photography work aswell: http://www.mariusaasheim.com
    Last edited by photowerkz; 12-10-2007 at 02:34 PM.