Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

MUSHROOMS and FUNGII

No monkeying with this shot. Its just as it came from the camera. The rain certainly brought out the colors.

Very nice, Bynx. I think this is my favorite photo from you so far I love the colors. I'm not a fan of the frame, though.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Thanks for your input Toriaj. Im not a big fan of the frame either but Im looking for something a bit different and attractive. This is a project in the works. You say this is your favorite of what Ive posted so far.....generally speaking, what is your opinion of the rest?

Bynx, my 5c to your mashroom board. have no idea how these are called.

Quote Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
    You say this is your favorite of what Ive posted so far.....generally speaking, what is your opinion of the rest?
    Erm .. A few of your shots are simply not my "genre" (monsters, skull) but that's about me. Not about you or your work. And I did enjoy your recent leaf and bark collages. An unusual take, but it works.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

The monsters were my sons Figurines and the skull was an old one I dug up. They were just subjects for my use of controlled light. All were shot with a single small penlight. Ive deleted most of my earlier pics due to the attitudes of a few goofs that roam the corridors of this forum. My main interest is bird photography and post production using Photoshop. Thanks for your input. Its amazing how many people look at the threads here and how few say anything, good, bad or indifferent.

Gintaras I dont know the name of the fugus either. Here, local artists use them to scratch pictures on and sell as folk art. I have one here I will shoot and post later.

Just for you Toriaj....

EXIF:
    Model: E8700
    Shutter Speed: 1/45 second
    F Number: F/3.7
    Focal Length: 27 mm
    ISO Speed: 50

Well I had posted this one in the abstract thread because I had nowhere else to put it. So it's now going to it's rightfully thread and because no one said a word about the photo itself before. Maybe it will get some notoriety here.
    Brian C. Racine

Canon 40D | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | BG-E2 Grip | 580EX II

Galen Rowell Graduated Neutral Density Filters

The background compliments the fungus nicely. Looks a bit like old corn flakes from the 50's before the chemical treatment.

Toadstool, but it has interesting detail.