Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question A100 battery charger- can't stop when 'charged'?

Helo.

I got my A100 yesterday, and the first thing I did was charge the battery, as per the readmefirst. It seems the standard charger shuts off the charging lamp when the battery has reached some charge <100% (which obviously is nice as lithium batteries should only be fully charged rarely (and then for syncing purposes) ) , but that it goes on charging the battery fully(however long that takes) after this light has gone dark.

= If you want to avoid charging the battery fully every time, you need to watch the lamp like a hawk. Is there another charger that would appear more suitable?
    Last edited by Bup; 08-02-2007 at 04:07 AM.

Red face Chargin' them batteries ...

Well, I'm sporting three batteries (2 are third-party) and using the standard charger that came with the A100. I keep them all charged and in the case. I haven't noticed any real issues for the year I have owned the camera and the battery has seemed to operate normally. I just charged the battery, in fact, and I am wondering: How you can tell the battery is STILL CHARGING, after the indicator lamp goes dark? My battery was "cool" to the touch.

I'll admit, I do get a little excited when the battery indicator on the camera's LCD appears. That means you have two shots or 30 seconds to finsh what you are doing and get another battery in there.

The Canon EOS 20D is the same way, though. When the battery indicator says LOW ... it means GO ... & go now!

Good luck on another answer ... try dyxum.com
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    I just charged the battery, in fact, and I am wondering: How you can tell the battery is STILL CHARGING, after the indicator lamp goes dark? My battery was "cool" to the touch.

COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]
    Precisely, or more specifically: How can you tell when the wretched thing has stopped charging when the light went out a long time ago? And even knowing that would be fairly useless. It's being able to tell the charger to stop when the battery is between 50% - 90% that would be swell.

Either way, thanks, and I'll check out that other place too.