Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 698 of 723 FirstFirst ... 198598648688696697698699700708 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 7230
    Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Rasidel,

I like the fog, but I would have probably cropped it to reduce the dead spaces on the bottom and right. It would also place your friend off center and facing more into the frame.
    thanks for the feedback, could you show me the crop you are suggesting? I would be much appreciative

Rasidel,

The branches on the right make it a bit challenging. I did a little burning to bring down the highlights in those.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think it's just a question of style/preference - I never crop that close to where trees start (bottom left) - or - see that part of grass at the bottom that is right at the bottom - I leave space there because I don't like things being cutoff abruptly like that, just from a composition perspective. But I do appreciate the feedback. The original shot could have been setup and framed better, from the get-go.

Rasidel,

I completely agree. I crop when appropriate; sometimes not a standard ratio either. Wildlife shots from a distance are always cropping candidates. My crop suggestion was really as much a framing one as you imply. I mainly wished that the out of focus branches on the right were not there. I also thought the composition was a bit too centered with the subject turning his back on the largely empty right side.

Spinning,

The Georgetown brings back memories of two bike trips on the C & O out to Cumberland, Maryland. A nice ride in the Fall if the rain doesn't wash you out. I have done the last 65 miles in the pouring rain twice now.

I was trying for an 'atmospheric' shot here. My wife and I had been to a wedding and we were walking back to our car, parked some distance away along the main drag of the seaside suburb of Semaphore, South Australia. I call it "Street Walking on Semaphore". I just hope my wife doesn't read this!

Canon S95, ISO 800, 1/25 @ f/2.

[Edit: Perhaps I should explain -- the title is my attempt at humour, as the main subject in the photo is my wife, not a 'lady of the night'. ]

Name:  IMG_0660.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  184.3 KB
    Last edited by Sir Les; 05-10-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Nikon D7000 and a bunch of Nikon stuff oh, and some Canon p&s's too

My Flowers are really coming into bloom!

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Rasidel,

I completely agree. I crop when appropriate; sometimes not a standard ratio either. Wildlife shots from a distance are always cropping candidates. My crop suggestion was really as much a framing one as you imply. I mainly wished that the out of focus branches on the right were not there. I also thought the composition was a bit too centered with the subject turning his back on the largely empty right side.
    thanks again. I actually like those OOF branches on the right heh. I thought it adds to the composition by adding a balance on the right side and by exaggerating the DOF and also by balancing the shades of grey.

It's been a while How's everyone doing?

Last edited by FLiPMaRC; 05-25-2012 at 12:17 PM.