Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 669 of 725 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679719 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 7243
    A little spontaneous off camera flash.

_MG_5205.jpg by brownrigg.nick, on Flickr
    5D MK III, 50D, ELAN 7E, 17-40mm 4, Sigma 10mm 2.8 fisheye, 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS, 30mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580 EX, 430 EX speedlight, Pocket wizard flex and mini.
    Canon G10

Pentax P30, 50mm 2.0

Like that one Nick!!
    The respect of those you respect is greater than the applause of the multitude.

So, i know this is the Canon picture of the day... but lookie what daddy brought home!

Hey! Look its a shiny link! Click it!
    CasePhoto.ca

Don't click this one, no seriously... Don't!
    The Mandatory Blog

Nice ^ so... how is the focus? I've heared mixed reviews.
    5D MK III, 50D, ELAN 7E, 17-40mm 4, Sigma 10mm 2.8 fisheye, 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS, 30mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580 EX, 430 EX speedlight, Pocket wizard flex and mini.
    Canon G10

Pentax P30, 50mm 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nickcanada View Post
    Nice ^ so... how is the focus? I've heared mixed reviews.
    Its slower then a DSLR, the most left and most right AF points actually work though.

I found it to be consistent enough, the major bug about AF is that focus and recompose doesn't work. 50% of the time the camera will RE-AF on the background, so you'll end up with a blurry ass portrait. So i have to change my shooting style a bit and actually use all of the af points available to me.

Anyone comparing it to a DSLR on anything other then IQ is missing the point entirely. I have it set-up so i don't even see the photos i'm taking, i'm treating it like an old-school film camera for walking-around and everyday shots. Strangers on the street will actually pose when you point this at them : P

Now i'm on the hunt for a leather case with a detachable back of some sort so i can act like its just another film camera and not have anyone ask me to see their photo after i took it.

Oh its also DEAD silent, if you set-it up that way, any shutter sound is purely FX, so i just turned them off. The iso Grain at 1600 is pretty pleasant and i'm not afraid to use it.

I should mention two quirks i have with it.

1- the OVF (Normal viewfinder mode) actually shows a bit of the lens, its annoyed me since day one but i put up with it. You cannot get consistent framing with this mode, but its brighter and fast, and generally you get a feel for what the actually framing will be. (EVF is the sort of LiveView in the VF, and is much more precise, level control, live histogram, etc.)
    2- The grip on the camera is pathetic. I'm not a guy with big hands, but i can't contort them over small things, like example, i prefered the first generation of xbox 1 controllers, not the tiny things they have now.... Hopefully a case will improve this for me though, my pinky is hurting from having to hold up the camera lol.
    Last edited by Csae; 08-10-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    CasePhoto.ca

The Mandatory Blog

Csae, Okay, I must have missed something here since I cannot find a reference to what camera you are discussing. Didn't see any EXIF info in your last photo...

Odd, the exif is all there, its the fuji x100.
    CasePhoto.ca

The Mandatory Blog

Csae,

Weird I can see the info now. I swear it was not there before. Using FxIF in Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Csae View Post
    Its slower then a DSLR, the most left and most right AF points actually work though.

I found it to be consistent enough, the major bug about AF is that focus and recompose doesn't work. 50% of the time the camera will RE-AF on the background, so you'll end up with a blurry ass portrait. So i have to change my shooting style a bit and actually use all of the af points available to me.

Anyone comparing it to a DSLR on anything other then IQ is missing the point entirely. I have it set-up so i don't even see the photos i'm taking, i'm treating it like an old-school film camera for walking-around and everyday shots. Strangers on the street will actually pose when you point this at them : P

Now i'm on the hunt for a leather case with a detachable back of some sort so i can act like its just another film camera and not have anyone ask me to see their photo after i took it.

Oh its also DEAD silent, if you set-it up that way, any shutter sound is purely FX, so i just turned them off. The iso Grain at 1600 is pretty pleasant and i'm not afraid to use it.

I should mention two quirks i have with it.

1- the OVF (Normal viewfinder mode) actually shows a bit of the lens, its annoyed me since day one but i put up with it. You cannot get consistent framing with this mode, but its brighter and fast, and generally you get a feel for what the actually framing will be. (EVF is the sort of LiveView in the VF, and is much more precise, level control, live histogram, etc.)
    2- The grip on the camera is pathetic. I'm not a guy with big hands, but i can't contort them over small things, like example, i prefered the first generation of xbox 1 controllers, not the tiny things they have now.... Hopefully a case will improve this for me though, my pinky is hurting from having to hold up the camera lol.
    Awesome, sounds like a great camera. I love the look of it. It's just too damn pricey for me. haha.
    Canon G10

Pentax P30, 50mm 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nickcanada View Post
    Awesome, sounds like a great camera. I love the look of it. It's just too damn pricey for me. haha.
    I like totally agree. But some stuff happened and i ended up getting one, if it wasn't for special circumstances, i probably would of just went with something cheaper and a pancake... I badly needed something portable.

On the weird side of things, the camera has become a fashion accessory, girls come up and compliment it asking all sorts of questions about it. Most people think its a film camera, and thats the way i like it. Now let me just find my gaffer tape and hide that LCD. But i really wasn't expecting that....

Pst.

It took a while, but i finally have it back....i still don't have a firewire connection though.....

edit: what is wrong with these smilies oh dear god.
    Last edited by Csae; 08-12-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    CasePhoto.ca

The Mandatory Blog