Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 23 of 723 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast
    I cannot rule out a miscalibrated monitor, but I checked the image on my gf's laptop. Its warm as well.
    Oh yea, mean I said leaf, I meant the one to the left of the "Famous Players" sign. The maple leaf (although those are maples trees in the parking lot , kinda confusing when trying to describe it lol)

Anyway, I went to try the lens on a different body, same issue. So I went to the store to try the body with the kit lens, different story.. so I tried with the stores floor model Sigma 17-70... issue returned. Verdict, the lens is warm by default. to compensate, I just adjusted the white balance shift.

So yea, here are two shots. Sorry this doesnt belong here. But I will delete it as soon as you guys see it (first is the sigma, 2nd is the canon xti kit lens)
    PS: both shots used AWB

By the way, thanks again for your comments and helping out in this matter
    Last edited by truflip; 09-23-2007 at 07:26 AM.
    Nikon D80 + TAmROn 17-50mm f/2.8
    - Sandisk 2GB Extreme III SD Card
    - Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home

- had Canon PowerShot S3 IS

For some of my shots:http://flickr.com/photos/truflip/

reflections, taken with XTi and 18-55 kit lens.

i must say learning DSLR changed my opinion about kit lens. this plastic cheapo can deliver excellent images IF you know how to operate this. yet distortion level and chromatic aberration can be on higher level in some situations. STILL this cheapo can do the job if you learn to handle it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

yesterday my daughter demanded Burger King, while she was eating i entertained myself a bit with my XTi... you may not believe but this is how Burger King in the downtown looks from inside. Not many high rated restaurants here have such an interior.

Quote Originally Posted by NewTekBuzz View Post
    A shot of my nephew from our trip to ludington this past w/e

Attachment 28840
    beautiful shot. great lighting and composition.
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

now guys another photo with kit lens. you may be susprised to learn this is a CHURCH next to the UNO city main building in Vienna.

the other is a BIZZARE sculpture of modern art, guess what i have no clue what it means so do not ask.

the last picture i took while waiting for my daughter from tennis, just found this morning reflection so nice.

now for the day here is one. a red rose against the sun backlit background (not much PP, taken with 28-105 II USM)...C&C welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    beautiful shot. great lighting and composition.
    Rooz, i am completely with you on this, that little boy image is so gentle and cute, great color and feeling in it.
    NewTek, great image.

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
    reflections, taken with XTi and 18-55 kit lens.

i must say learning DSLR changed my opinion about kit lens. this plastic cheapo can deliver excellent images IF you know how to operate this. yet distortion level and chromatic aberration can be on higher level in some situations. STILL this cheapo can do the job if you learn to handle it.
    I love it when people post great kit lens shots. The lens gets trashed far too often.
    The respect of those you respect is greater than the applause of the multitude.

nqjudo, true, one has to learn with DSLR otherwise no lens will be worth.

as for images i confess the last two (water reflect and a rose) taken with 28-105, the rest taken with kit. i wonder how rose would be with kit, as i believe it can do just fine for the purpose.

a few more shots with kit lens. sorry for populating this thread with my pix but i could not be more pleased than with what i was able to extract from kit lens of recent.

NB: since a few weeks i shoot only in M mode.