Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question Micro-SD -> to-Memorystick Duo adapter -> to CF adapter ?

Kind of a weird question, I know, but out of curiosity , would it be possible to have a Micro-SD card, put it in such http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=329280 adapter, and then plug that adapter into the Memorystick Duo -> CF adapter that comes with the A100, and then put that in the A100, and expect it to work?

Read the manual ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bup View Post
    Kind of a weird question, I know, but out of curiosity , would it be possible to have a Micro-SD card, put it in such http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=329280 adapter, and then plug that adapter into the Memorystick Duo -> CF adapter that comes with the A100, and then put that in the A100, and expect it to work?
    Frankenstein might agree, but I'm darn glad I'm not your camera.

Anytime you have to gerry-rig perfectly good electronics, you are playing with fire. My suggestion is to use the SONY Memory stick or a CF card in the A100, then transfer it, if you have to, to the mini-SD using a laptop and USB multiport or something. Pins are just too easy to bend and screw up ... and that, is usually a time-and-materials-at-your-cost repair.

Pages 139-141 of your SONY A100 User's Guide/Troubleshooting details normal" uses and options of the camera's memory. I do not remember one instance of it addressing the use of SD or Mini-SD-memory.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-18-2007 at 06:28 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Point taken