Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Angry Sony DSC-F707 Flash Won't Work

I know how the flash works, but in both auto and manual mode, the flash pops up, but does not flash. The lightening bolt is forced on and my battery is fully charged. Could the bulb be bad? If I hook up an external flash through the ACC port, will it sync with the camera? How do I get this fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by mslee65
    I know how the flash works, but in both auto and manual mode, the flash pops up, but does not flash. The lightening bolt is forced on and my battery is fully charged. Could the bulb be bad? If I hook up an external flash through the ACC port, will it sync with the camera? How do I get this fixed?
    Yes the external flash should work. If it doesn't then it means there is a problem with the flash circuit in the camera. If it does work then the flash tube is probably dead or loose. For repair you will have to return the camera to Sony.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Any other type of flash?

Is there a more compact, cheaper flash that I could try other than the HVL-F1000?

malak Guest
    ony DSC-F707 Flash Won't Work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

engenelmudur Guest
    No matter what I tried, my flash does not work either. Did you find out how to fix it? Now I am using Sony HVLF32X External flash but it is too big.
    Last edited by engenelmudur; 11-26-2006 at 09:17 PM.