Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ok now i got it

but what camera should i choose? who has best quality?
    i have right now the sont DSC-T10 and it has the STEADY-SHOT, and its not that special.

what is the best sony A100\canon 400D XTi \ NikonD40x?
    they are all very similar
    i just dont want to regret.
    and if i buy 1 of them, what lens should i choose?

thank you for the help..

Quote Originally Posted by indika View Post
    but what camera should i choose? who has best quality?
    i have right now the sont DSC-T10 and it has the STEADY-SHOT, and its not that special.

what is the best sony A100\canon 400D XTi \ NikonD40x?
    they are all very similar
    i just dont want to regret.
    and if i buy 1 of them, what lens should i choose?

thank you for the help..
    The problem is, I can't possibly tell you what is the best camera for you, and neither can anyone else here. Each of the cameras has strengths and weaknesses. If you do a search on this site, you will find more information than you can imagine on each of these cameras. Even then, so much of the use of a camera is subjective, so you have to decide which is best for you.

So, you have to do your research AND, you have to go to a camera store and try them all out. Then make up your mind.
    Eric Lund
    Nikon D200
    Nikkors: 17-55mm f2.8, 18-200mm f3.5-f4.5 VR, 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 VR, 35mm f2, 50mm f1.8, 55mm f2.8 AI-S micro, 105mm f2.8 VR micro
    Other Lenses: Tokina 12-24 f4, Tamron 75-300mm f4-5.6 LD macro
    Stuff: Nikon SB800, Nikon MBD200, Gitzo 1327 Tripod w/RRS BH-55LR Ballhead, Sekonic L-358 meter

I still don't think you've mentioned exactly what you're using it for. And again, there is no such thing as "the best camera". There's only such thing as the best camera for YOU.

Canon and Nikon both have lower noise than Sony at higher ISO, so if you're wanting to shoot indoors without a flash, it's something to consider. The Nikon D80 is probably out of your price range after you add even a couple cheap lenses, and I personally wouldn't choose the D40 over an xt/xti. But you will be buying compact flash, as your SD cards will be useless for Canon's SLRs, but Nikon does use SD. And just to be clear, I'm not saying the D40 isn't a great camera, I'm just saying if your budget is bigger than the D40 price tag, there are better options out there.

Just as a basic generalization, if the D80 is out of your budget, I think it would come down to the xt/xti or the Sony, with some consideration to the Pentax K10d (which would be a little over budget after adding a lens or two).

The point is, they're all excellent cameras, and will all take excellent pictures (assuming you take the time and effort it takes to learn to take excellent pictures with a DSLR, don't expect to be able to get anything special if you intend to leave it in auto mode and use it as a point and shoot). And once you're using a DSLR, the lens will make more difference than the body in a lot of cases.

P.S. to answer your earlier question about J&R, I've ordered I think 4 times from them (music studio equipment mostly) and been satisfied every time.
    Last edited by griptape; 07-06-2007 at 09:31 AM.
    I have a camera. It takes pictures.

90% off all my pics will be taken out doors and will be mostly far away pics and not close.. same style of pics i have in my flickr...
    30% out of the 90% will be at night time.

the main idea for me is just making a difference from my sony DSC-T10 that i have right now, because i dont like the pics i take with it , at all, so will the DSLR will make a defference?
    and what do you think in general about my pics in flickr?

i dont think that i wil make this thing professional , the camera i will buy now will be the one for the far future..

thank all you a-lot!!
    i learend and still learining from you all...

A DSLR will only give you a big difference in image quality if you take the time to learn how to use it properly, and are using good lenses. And it's not just a matter of learning how to use the functions of the camera in a mechanical way, it's a matter of learning about photography, especially exposure. I'm not sure how many times we can suggest to you that you find a store that has them (I know my local best buy has everything you've mentioned, and actually even has a 30D) and see which one you feel handles best. You're asking us to tell you which is better between Mercedes Benz and Lexus and Cadillac here.
    I have a camera. It takes pictures.

Indika,

Maybe your best bet would be to buy the camera out of your choices that feels the best to you in the store. Spend a little more and buy it locally so it is easier and cheaper to return if necessary than buying it online. Be sure that you can return or exchange the camera with no restocking fee.

From your requirements so far, I would suggest the Olympus Evolt E510. It can be purchased with two kit lenses that cover the range of 28 - 300mm (35 mm equivalent) 10.7x optical zoom for less than $1000. The kit Zukio lens have a reputation for being excellent kit lenses and better than most (if not all) other manufacturers kit lenses. You will get real IS, auto focus, live view, live histogram, dust removal that is said to be the best of any dslr, user remappable pixels if any should go bad, hot shoe and reports so far indicate that there is low noise in the photos. If you buy this camera, the recommended setup is to turn off the noise filter and set the sharpness to -2 to get sharp photos and still have relatively low noise. Professional reviews so far indicate lower dynamic range in exposures but I don't think it will affect the photos that you seem to indicate that you will be taking.

Mike S.
    Last edited by Mike S.; 07-06-2007 at 03:35 PM.

to the OP:

i would strongly suggest you do some research for yourself aswell as listening to the many opinions here. you seem to have missed redin any reviews whcih can give you a good idea of perfromance and features.

you can find reviews for all of those cams in these 2 places.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/
    http://www.cameralabs.com/buyers_gui...get_DSLR.shtml

the camlabs reviews often have video reviews aswell.

the cams you should be considering really are:

k100d
    xti
    d40
    e510
    sony alpha

its all well and good to ask for opinions, but this is a big purchase you are making and living with. the least you could do is spend some time to read a little about them first.
    Last edited by Rooz; 07-06-2007 at 04:05 PM.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr