Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had a few PMs so I thought I'd clarify:

What I lost was the databases which defined my seperate libraries. Simply put, I lost the set of instructions that told lightroom which folders to referrence for a given library name. All of my folders and photos remained in tact, as they should. Lightroom's 1.1 upgrade wiped out all of 1.0's instructions for referencing my photos. Thats all - Its not a major deal, but I will have to recreate my libraries and wait for all my photos to be "imported" again. But I noticed this version is a lot faster at doing this so it won't be such the collosel pain in the ass as it was before, but it will still be a major inconvenience - I can't believe Adobe's engineers overlooked this major problem.

Zmikers - I must have failed to comprehend that part of the update. Sucks for me. Personally, when coding, you have to think of all the half lit 'tards like myself that will be installing this update - it shouldn't ask you to keep your libraries intact - it should do it by default. If someone took all the time to create different libraries one would believe the user would like to keep them intact. oh well enough bitchin - Lightroom only cost me $49.00 USD - so I guess a person in my shoes should just get over it.
    Last edited by aparmley; 06-30-2007 at 09:32 AM.
    Nikon D90 | Sigma 10-20 HSM | DX 18-105 f3.5-5.6 VR | DX 55-200 VR | 35 f/2.0 D | 50 f/1.4 D | 85mm F/1.8 D | SB-800 x 3 | SU-800
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Flickr | Twitter

Andy you are not the only one that had a problem.

I first saved my ALL PICTURES(705) from my library before I downloaded because I wanted to be on the safe side.

Then I backed up the library and checked for integrity like adobe stated.

Completed the download (2 hours and 8 min, dial up) and much to my surprise all my settings were what they were from months ago, not current.
    The header, fonts all the persoanl stuff was the way it was months ago.
    The backup now only has the pictures that were in Lightroom then,
    only 120, the rest are not there!!

Now I have a big mess, I imported the folder I saved but they are all in one folder now. Wish me luck.

I must have missed where to save the photos properly, but I am not sure where I could of went wrong.
    - Rich

Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod

My Flickr Photos Here

Quote Originally Posted by aparmley View Post
    I had a few PMs so I thought I'd clarify:

Zmikers - I must have failed to comprehend that part of the update. Sucks for me. Personally, when coding, you have to think of all the half lit 'tards like myself that will be installing this update - it shouldn't ask you to keep your libraries intact - it should do it by default. If someone took all the time to create different libraries one would believe the user would like to keep them intact. oh well enough bitchin - Lightroom only cost me $49.00 USD - so I guess a person in my shoes should just get over it.
    I am sorry, I guess mine was much more simple therefore kept everything the way it was originally. Sorry if I misled anybody. I had my library that stayed exactly the same with the update, but I am realizing that you can do things with your libraries that I just don't understand. I am a bit of computer idiot I don't even know what coding means.....Sorry!

Ohhhh shit....

...this really sucks. I've had the same shit with Nikon software that took all of my South Island New Zealand photos , gone , nada, nyet, zilch, numero non, busted. I lost near on 200 photos in RAW, some were really special I feel the pain here.
    Kev.

D200~
    24-70mm f2.8 , 50mm f1.8, 70-200 f2.8 VR.more

this seems like a very wierd glitch in the update that is srewing quite a few people. Like I said, my library was very simple and stayed exactly the same, but it seems that it can mess up too. Strange! Sorry to hear that some of you are having this problem. It really does suck

I uninstalled Lightroom.

I then reinstalled 1.0 by disc and it was if nothing ever happened.
    All the photos were there and settings too perfect.

If I had just installed 1.1 again at this point, probably everything would be ok. But being nervous about installing the update again, I moved files around and well long story short when 1.1 booted up Lightroom it was empty, so I am loading pictures now from where they were saved. It was empty because of my file moving and deleting in the my pictures section on my computer, not because of Lightroom this time.

If you are going to download the update, and things get weird. I would recommend just uninstalling and then reinstalling. If that was all I did I think it would of went a lot smoother.
    - Rich

Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod

My Flickr Photos Here

glad to hear things weren't totally lost