Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question How many pics do you get on a 2GB SD card?

How many pics do you get on a 2GB SD card?
    How many pics do you get on a 2GB Memory Stick Pro card?

I have a Konica KD-500z, 5Mp camera that I have updatee to the latest firmware v.3.3.8, and there is very little info on what you can expect or the limitation of the camera.
    I have tried a 2GB SD card and the number of shots it shows available seems too low for this card (999). I say this, because I also tried a 1GB Memory Stick Pro in the camera and it gave me (720). By my estimation there should have been something like 1440 shots available. Given the difference in these numbers, it is my assumption that my camera has a Max number shots or memory it will recognize, that being (999).
    If any one out there has this or a similar camera and has more specific information on both of these cards, it would be greatly appreciated if you would post back.

Well for a five megapixel camera, I'd say you should get around 800-900 pictures on at a rough guestimate. So it doesn't seem too far off to me. Perhaps you changed the quality settings between cards inadvertently?
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

999 seems suspiciously like that's as high as the number of picture estimator goes. When you start taking pictures does it go down or stay at 999? It may not be capable of displaying over that number.

You should get essentially the same no matter what type of card you use. Does this camera take both card formats?

Unhappy SD Card/or camera Cap??

David,
    The counter goes down. I did not do an extensive test but tried it twice. As this was just a test, (with someone else's memory) I can't do it again. But there is no real info on this firmware up date other that a short list of some feature changes. It is a bit frustrating that they could not have been more thorough in their documentation. And now that Konica/Minolta has gone to Sony heaven (may they rest in peace), there will be no more from them on this camera or the others of this brand.
    The optimal answer would be from anyone that has this camera and has tried a 2 or 4GB card in this camera. (it takes SD and MSP) At the same time.

And thanks for the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    999 seems suspiciously like that's as high as the number of picture estimator goes. When you start taking pictures does it go down or stay at 999? It may not be capable of displaying over that number.

You should get essentially the same no matter what type of card you use. Does this camera take both card formats?

Unhappy Just got the word!! :(

A Sony tech said that the KD-500z has a CAP of 999 in its picture registry. So a 2GB card (that they could not believe worked in my camera) is not fully recognized. They recommend a 1GB card and given that My camera takes Memory Stick Pro and a Secure Digital at the same time, that gives me something in the 1440 range (720 for each).

However, I have 2, 2GB SC cards in rout now so that will be 999 for that slot. But as of yet I have not acquired a Memory Stick Pro but a 1GB will push the total to 1719, and at 5.1MP, that isn't to shabby. The down side to this is I will need 4 batteries in reserve to shoot that much. (as if I actually would do that) LOL

My next camera is going to be The Panasonic DMC-FZ50K