Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Exclamation Canon A95 LCD Problem

Hi,
    For a couple of days I am experiencing a problem in my Canon A95 digital camera. The lcd shows a brown to purple coloured band in shooting mode. The image on the lcd also flickers. Pressing the shutter midway clears the band but the pictures when taken shows a dark coloured band on the upper portion of the image. However in vieweing mode there is no problem. I have also copied a few images (not taken by the cam) on to the memory card and they appear to be just fine. So I guess there is no problem with the lcd.
    The camera shows no error messages and my warranty has expired a couple of months ago. I am in a fix. I do take utmost care of my camera and haven't dropped it anytime.

Has anyone of you have a similar experience?
    I also cannot understand which component has gone faulty - the CCD or any other internal parts.
    Thanks for any help.
    When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.

If you go to the link below, you will see your camera is one included in a large Canon recall and even tho out of warranty, will be fixed free if it is the CCD:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...72&forum_id=15

Question

Any other help? Is it the CCD problem and the E18 error? However I do not get any error messages. Any off the track methods to correct the problem? I live in India. Any Indian url?
    Thanks.
    When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.