Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

A100 - Continuous Advance

Is there any way to make it default to Continuous Advance mode?

Thanks

Figured it out... If the camera is on AUTO mode, it resets it each time. Using Manual keeps your selection. (Or if you choose the Sporting Events mode that will also automatically switch it to continuous advance.)

Talking focused on the future

Thanks for the input, there, Conqsoft.

I would have given this some more attention, this week, but I just got through with a fiendish week of graduation partying and other issues concerning readying the motorhome for road trips. It really didn't leave much for photography.

I did grab a shot of a prospective 2007-wanna-be grad, though ...

Name:  2007-wannabe-grad.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  217.0 KB
    SONY A100 w/ TAMRON AF18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD @ 90mm - f/5.6 - 1/160sec - ISO-250 - 0 Step EC - Handheld

... who was looking at the world through
    rose-colored glasses.

As my son has been fond of saying, this week, "The Class of 2007 RULES!"

The high school stated that this class of 2007 was "the highest accademic acheiving class ever in the history of the school', and his high school's state-wide standing is no slouche, either. That is an amazing statement, especially with what has recently happen with academia over the past twenty years. Yes ... it may even inspire us to ... hope?

Good luck to all graduating classes, wherever they are.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 06-18-2007 at 02:28 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft View Post
    Figured it out... If the camera is on AUTO mode, it resets it each time. Using Manual keeps your selection. (Or if you choose the Sporting Events mode that will also automatically switch it to continuous advance.)
    I did not know that!
    Also, P A S M each retain whatever settings you put for them. It's great, but it's also a rookie error NOT to notice what you had set in the first place. That is what the big LCD screen is for (i'm learning this simple practical fact the hard way).
    Best of Both worlds:
    dSLR: Sony a100 dSLR w/ kit lens (18-70mm)
    Minolta Lens Collection: 28-80mm xi, 70-210mm
    Point and Shoot: Sony DSC-T11

My photo portfolio

My Flickr