Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfixit View Post
    If you ever get this, and have not damaged your lens in anyway, don't worry. It can be fixed. Usually w/o any parts. Casio Exilim cameras don't really have good dust/debris protection, and the focus motor gears are easy to get jammed up. I buy these on eBay all the time, and fix them. They also get knocked out of alignment easily if dropped.

I can tell you how to do it, if you're so inclined, or fix it for you.

Hey! I think a grain of sand got into my camera and now i have a lens error! I can get it to turn on sometimes but the second i try to do anything else it shuts off. The lens itself is fine. Is there anyway you could tell me how to fix it? If I bring it somewhere, will they charge me an arm and a leg? Thank you!
    Last edited by jarmst6; 04-13-2009 at 02:42 PM.

I have a Casio Exilim Ex-Z77 for sales for parts.

The lens stopped going in and out, so we replaced the lens assembly ring (that had broken gear teeth) and the computer then went out.

Contact me at lsnell@aimmarketingsolutions.com

Casio Exilim

Hello, my daughter's camera has run into the problem where it is showing a lens error. When the camera is turned on, it reaches almost full extension and then it sounds like some gears are slipping and it doesn't completed the extension. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, Joe.

I read something about you and see yor DIY because I have a problem similar with my EXILIM Z700 but it's not the same. It work perfect, but when you try to put any zoom (+ zoom. with -zoom nothing happens), it put a "lents error" and go off.

What do you thing about it? Coult it be similar that you say?

PD. Sorry for my English!!!

Jammed Exilim zoom

If you ever get this, and have not damaged your lens in anyway, don't worry. It can be fixed. Usually w/o any parts. Casio Exilim cameras don't really have good dust/debris protection, and the focus motor gears are easy to get jammed up. I buy these on eBay all the time, and fix them. They also get knocked out of alignment easily if dropped.

I can tell you how to do it, if you're so inclined, or fix it for you.
    Yep, wife dropped our Exilim and the zoom is jammed partially open (on our anniversary) - would like to take a shot at fixing it with your instructions. I appreciate it. Richard

Casio Exilim Lens Error

I purchased a Casio Exilim a year ago and I have had nothing but trouble with it ... it keeps shutting off and now it says there is a Lens Error! Any suggestions, please??

To Jayfixit...would you take a look at my camera? I will send it to you if you will email me your info...chiroasst01@aol.com. Thank you

If the lens does not extend/retract properly, then most likely, something is stuck in the zoom gears. If it does extend, and you hear a high pitched buzzing type noise, then this is the focus motor, and the gears are out of alignment, or there is debris in there.

The fix requires removal of the lens, and checking, cleaning, and making sure the gears are ok. Whatever you do, don't pull, pry, or tug at the lens. This won't help.

You can send me an e-mail if you'd like some info specific to your camera. Just google my username, and you'll find my website.

Also, what model Exilim do you have?
    Hi Jayfixit, I seem to be having this focus motor problem with my Exilim EX-Z1000. Can you give me some info on how to fix it please?
    Thanks.
    Amy

Jay hasn't logged into this site in a year. You can try his website (linked earlier in the thread) but he's unlikely to answer here.

please tell me how to fix this problem!! my lens is stuck almost all the way out it looks like, and it's a bit crooked