Hi Jay! Came across your post from a Google search. I have a problem with a Casio Exilim EX-Z77. I dropped it with the barrel extended and the inner barrel became cocked. I eventually pushed the barrel back into the camera (don't know if was the best idea, but I panicked), and I got the terrible "RETRY POWER ON" and "LENS ERROR" messages. Not wanting to spend $100+ on repairing it, I tried finding DIY methods online, and came across yours. I haven't seen a better and specific DIY method than yours, so thank you for that already! Also, your tutorial applies to my model as well (thank god).

Now, I did everything up until a few steps at the end of the Focus Lens Removal portion. The step where it says to remove the main drive gear and extend the lens again gave me a problem. Well, actually, I already had a problem in the first portion of the tutorial, when you said to move the main drive gear to extend the barrel. I could only turn it so much to extend the barrel 2 cm outward. I continued on, thinking that something in the focus lens portion would help, but there didn't seem to be anything wrong there. With the focus lens out, I was able to extend the barrel, but with resistance. I didn't really know what to do from that point. I really believe there is something wrong with the barrel. Have you come across this problem? Do you have any tips on what I can do?

Thank you in advance!