Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If the lens does not extend/retract properly, then most likely, something is stuck in the zoom gears. If it does extend, and you hear a high pitched buzzing type noise, then this is the focus motor, and the gears are out of alignment, or there is debris in there.

The fix requires removal of the lens, and checking, cleaning, and making sure the gears are ok. Whatever you do, don't pull, pry, or tug at the lens. This won't help.

You can send me an e-mail if you'd like some info specific to your camera. Just google my username, and you'll find my website.

Also, what model Exilim do you have?
    | Canon 5D, XTi, EOS-3 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 85mm f1.8 USM | Canon 50mm f1.4 USM | Canon 28mm f1.8 USM | Canon 580EX II | Elinchrom Skyports | Vivitar 283 + 285 flashes...Alien Bees...etc. | Mamiya M645 1000s | Canonet Junior, Bell & Howell Dial-35 + too much other gear...

Quote Originally Posted by jayfixit View Post
    If you ever get this, and have not damaged your lens in anyway, don't worry. It can be fixed. Usually w/o any parts. Casio Exilim cameras don't really have good dust/debris protection, and the focus motor gears are easy to get jammed up. I buy these on eBay all the time, and fix them. They also get knocked out of alignment easily if dropped.

I can tell you how to do it, if you're so inclined, or fix it for you.
    I had a little accident with my casio digital camera exilim s880... I droped it, and than the lens didn't go back in, even if i tried to push them back. When I sake camera I can hear something moving inside, so probably somtehing is broken... or just fall apart (hope so ), so can you send me some plans how to disamble and/or fix my camera??

Please help me because at the local service they said to me that they can't help me...

Regards Ales

P.S.: I know how to use a scruedriver

ok i have manage to disable it, so I came to the lens wich are stuck. That moving part was a little tip from lens, which probably just fall apart so it's not broken...

But now i dont know how to disamble and recheck the lens??

Any ideas??

please :P

Ales
    Last edited by buhtelj; 03-03-2008 at 08:34 AM.

kodakmoment Guest

Please help!

If you ever get this, and have not damaged your lens in anyway, don't worry. It can be fixed. Usually w/o any parts. Casio Exilim cameras don't really have good dust/debris protection, and the focus motor gears are easy to get jammed up. I buy these on eBay all the time, and fix them. They also get knocked out of alignment easily if dropped.

Hi, Can you please tell me how to fix my Casio Exilim (EX-Z70)? I dropped it in the sand when I visited the beach and now it says there is a lens error. Please help! Thank you.

Smileyhappy1 Guest
    Hi, I need you to repair my exilim camera. The lens is saying it has an error. Can you please help me.

Janette

I have some lens repair info on my site now.

http://jayfixit.com/repairEXZ.html
    | Canon 5D, XTi, EOS-3 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 85mm f1.8 USM | Canon 50mm f1.4 USM | Canon 28mm f1.8 USM | Canon 580EX II | Elinchrom Skyports | Vivitar 283 + 285 flashes...Alien Bees...etc. | Mamiya M645 1000s | Canonet Junior, Bell & Howell Dial-35 + too much other gear...

Hi,

I have this exact problem - please can you advise me how to fix it?

Iain

Hi,

I have this exact problem - please can you advise me how to fix it?

Iain

Lens Error

Can you please tell me how to fix the error? I'm pretty good with this stuff, though the workings of a telescoping lens are unfamiliar to me.

Thanks.

See if this helps...

http://jayfixit.com/repairEXZ.html