Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: SONY A100 Case

Talking SONY A100 Case

Here's a little flashy something I picked up off the SONY-Style website. Call it "the SONY-in-your-face case" - LOL

Name:  The-Sony-A100-Case.jpg
Views: 2390
Size:  230.7 KB

Name:  front-a100-case.jpg
Views: 1575
Size:  29.8 KBName:  angle-a100-case.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  39.2 KBName:  side-a100-case.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  36.9 KB

(Images taken w/ Canon EOS 20D w/ TAMRON SP AF28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Apsherical (IF) MACRO & "pop-up" flash) - yes, I can use my DSLR like a P&S, too!

THIS is the case for the SONY A100H ... which accomodates the larger lenses pretty well ... oh nothing like the 70-200mm, but the TAMRON 70-300mm f/4-5.6 w/o the vertical grip (VG-1) tucks right in there.

If you do use the VG-1, the largest lens I got to fit was the TAMRON AF18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF), which ... is a pretty good size, anyway. Of course, almost any of the other primes or smaller zooms, mounted, as well. It's definitely one lens at a time, though. The pockets on the sides will accomodate lens fluid, wipes, a few filters, cables, caps and an extra "charged" battery (You will kick yourself, if you do not ).

The additional shots are with the VG-1 and the 18-250mm attached to the A100, inside.

Personally: I like the orange ... you won't lose that in a crowd, that's for sure.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-29-2007 at 07:40 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

if that doesn't say "Steal Me" then nothing will I prefer that people not know i have a $1000 camera on my shoulder. We have a black diaper bag that is large enough to hold several cameras and lenses. It may not be as cool looking as that camera bag (which I really do like), but who would want to steal a bag of baby diapers

It looks very nice. I decided against the alpha bag because it stands out too much. does the case hold body+lens plus a second body?

I opted for a lowepro backpack. I love it. It's comfortable and you can hardly notice you're carrying a camera.

Dang that bag is nice. I suppose you'll get the alpha leather strap next?
    Best of Both worlds:
    dSLR: Sony a100 dSLR w/ kit lens (18-70mm)
    Minolta Lens Collection: 28-80mm xi, 70-210mm
    Point and Shoot: Sony DSC-T11

My photo portfolio

My Flickr

Thumbs up Case history

No, there is no room in the Inn for a "second" body or a second lens, unless you are using two primes, such as the Minolta 50mm f/1.7 and the Minolta 28mm f/1.8. Because of its compactness, the smaller Minolta 35-70mm might just fit in there, mounted, with a second lens, also.

Obviously, there is a bit more room if you don't have the Dicain VG-1 attached.

Basically, I had determined it for use exclusive with with the VG-1 vertical grip and the TAMRON AF18-250 f/3.5-6.3 lens ... basically because that's all you need, usually, to get stand walkaround shots, which is primarily why you would need this case. It safely protects my investment when I place it in the truck and I can quickly locate it when I look for it.

Most of my other cases are entirely black, so it would have been easy to confuse the Canon cases with the SONY case, if they had been all black. That really won't happen now.

Personally, I want people to notice the SONY camera ... ask questions about it ... because I believe in what Minolta created with in-the body Image Stability. I would like to see people buy "affordable" lensing and not have to get nicked for IS everytime they do. To me, that's just wrong.

Oh, don't get me wrong about a free-kmarket, Canon and the others are entirely afforded the privilege of doing that, but I'm not having to buy into it. I have one IS-equipped lens ... the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM and that is only because TAMRON has not released the SP AF70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD, yet (see my "got gear list" "Wish List". Once that happens, all bets are off.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 06-11-2007 at 07:34 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi