Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Some more......

Wow!!

Your pass shot is really good. Congrats chili
    Kev.

D200~
    24-70mm f2.8 , 50mm f1.8, 70-200 f2.8 VR.more

Wow, the picture "light on fern" is simply amazing. Great series.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Great shots, 'lil! I especially love Pass and Light on Fern. Beautiful, they are definitely art shots.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Thumbs up

Very good work, Lilchilichoco! Nice to see you're still growing and improving. Keep up the good work, 2PDG!

A little comment on "Red": Maybe the composition and effect would have been a bit better, if you had placed the girl more to the right in the frame? What do you think?
    Last edited by Wesan; 06-08-2007 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Added "a little comment..."
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Bella got straight hair..

(..hates them..lol..... just not her....)
    Name:  lp2.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  60.4 KB

I meant this photo to be dark.

Bella's little girl..

Name:  Bella's baby.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  70.0 KB

Best Regards
    Chili !

PENTAX K10D
    SMCP FA 18-55MM
    SMCP FA 50MM 1.4
    SMCP FA 80-200MM
    TAMRON 28-75MM 2.8

Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans.

Hi Wesan, you've been missing!!! Glad you like the pics. I have to learn loads!!

About 'Red'......towards the right doesn't work for me......she IS the red.....she has to be the center.....it's the red, against the sea. I don't know how to explain it....if she was just a girl standing alone without that red....maybe.....no maybe even then, I like her in the middle..I want you to see HER, not the sea.....

I don't post something unless I'm convinced I like it.....but it's good to get another perspective. Keep dropping in!! I like to hear from you every now and then.

Rooz.....I'm taking Bella as my official nick!! Feels good!!! Yeah I noticed about the light.....these are PP'd....but not too much. I'll work on my learning 'light'. Thank you!! You are wonderful!!

Kev.....thanks!! Howz your amazing balcony? Saw some shots....beautiful as always. hope both your hot babes are doing good!

toriaj, thanks. So glad you like them...

Prospero, thank you!! You are the master of landscape!Thanks for stopping by.

I've been a wee bit down for a while. Yeah Rooz, this feels good!! Some more soon

Best Regards
    Chili !

PENTAX K10D
    SMCP FA 18-55MM
    SMCP FA 50MM 1.4
    SMCP FA 80-200MM
    TAMRON 28-75MM 2.8

I usually, actually almost always, dislike shots that are perfectly centered, but I think you are right with "Red." I think it works, well done. And good for you for sticking to what you feel works. This is your art. I think the important thing about this forum is to, of course, listen to everyone's suggestions and take them in, but ultimately decide what is best for you. I really like "Pass" too. Keep posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilchilichoco View Post
    (---)About 'Red'......towards the right doesn't work for me......she IS the red.....she has to be the center..... (---)
    Quote Originally Posted by zmikers View Post
    ...I think you are right with "Red." I think it works, well done...

Hmpf...well...that's what you think! Hehehe... Just kidding!

The reason I thought it might be better, placing the girl more to the right, is that she is turned to the left. She is looking to the left. That, to me, makes "the direction of the picture" (if there's anything called like that...? ) going from right to left. If you see what I mean? I think she would still catch your eyes, even if she's placed a little more to the right, because her red dress stands out from the rest of the picture. Just my thoughts about it.

But zmikers is right, of course - it's YOUR art and you decide how it should be. And I like your decisions so far. Well...except for "red", then, maybe...
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesan View Post
    Hmpf...well...that's what you think! Hehehe... Just kidding!

The reason I thought it might be better, placing the girl more to the right, is that she is turned to the left. She is looking to the left. That, to me, makes "the direction of the picture" (if there's anything called like that...? ) going from right to left. If you see what I mean? I think she would still catch your eyes, even if she's placed a little more to the right, because her red dress stands out from the rest of the picture. Just my thoughts about it.

But zmikers is right, of course - it's YOUR art and you decide how it should be. And I like your decisions so far. Well...except for "red", then, maybe...
    Wesan I do agree with you too. And Like I said before I would almost never put the subject smack in the middle, I just think that in this case it works. It would work your way too. Beauty of art, there's never one "right" way to do anything!

Thanks zmikers

wesan.........one more reason why I placed her where she is....I found this lovely girl in this beautiful red dress at a beach and she was waiting for someone.....she was kind of unsure and a little lost....maybe a little sad.....and to me....the way she stands...like in the middle of somewhere....conveys exactly what I saw....the wait.....if I put her to the right......the communication would be of her looking out at the sea......except that she wasn't. To me it communicates "her" mood. Lol......I'm pretty stubborn. But it's really good to hear from you....please do come by and tell me what you think will work....maybe one of these days I will see it your way

Best Regards
    Chili !

PENTAX K10D
    SMCP FA 18-55MM
    SMCP FA 50MM 1.4
    SMCP FA 80-200MM
    TAMRON 28-75MM 2.8